How do you know if your body is OK? Any body type knowledgeable people

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicolahayley

Reaction score
I'm a 23 year old!! So I'm body conscious!! I want to lose a few pounds and tone up. So I'm power walking to work.. Doing half an hour on my exercise bike each night.
But I've measured myself before exercising and I've not done anything for a few weeks and I've managed to keep it off!! I'm going to give myself a few shrinking violet wraps to help too!!
But anyway my hips are 37 inch, my waist is 27 and my bust is 36.. Is that ok? Is that a nice body shape?

Isn't it awful how u feel body conscious :((

Nicola! Xxx

i no exactly where you are coming from hun ive recently dropped 2 dress sizes and am now in a size 12 which is baggy however having seen a recent picture of myself i think i look awfull and still look fat :(
im aiming for a size 10 by my wedding in september this is a pic of me and my hubby to be still not happy with my size will i ever be??? ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1386973411.718688.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Vida salon

There is no ideal body shape, only how you feel about yourself. Your stats sound great, but until you like yourself it won't matter what others say. I was a personal trainer, have had an amazing body shape but there was still something I wanted to change. I now look back at how I looked and wished I appreciated it, that being said I don't like my body as it currently is and others are always complimenting me. Never happy....

Sent from my ME371MG using SalonGeek mobile app

Appreciate what you have! I'm 48 and need a stone off! I have the odd hot flush and can feel crap. If I had your statistics right now, I would go topless wearing a G-string, believe me!! I might even run down the road looking like that !:biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
i no exactly where you are coming from hun ive recently dropped 2 dress sizes and am now in a size 12 which is baggy however having seen a recent picture of myself i think i look awfull and still look fat :(
im aiming for a size 10 by my wedding in september this is a pic of me and my hubby to be still not happy with my size will i ever be??? View attachment 50426

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Vida salon

You look absolutely lovely, such a beautiful colour on you as well! Don't put yourself down, you are not fat at all!

My boyfriend told me I'm fat this morning. Cheers mate. I know I'm not exactly Angelina Jolie but I'm a size 12-14, not a supersizer. I'd like to lose a couple of stone (am on weightwatchers and doing the moonwalk and running a marathon next year) but I didn't think I was properly obese :(

Rx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm a size 8-10 and even my mom tells me I'm fat. Bare in mind I'm Asian so she was happy when I was a size 4-6. My bf on the other hand prefers me when I'm rounder. I think if you're comfortable in your body and feeling healthy then that's good enough.

Awww honestly you look gorgeous!! Not fat at all. :) I'm sure you will look absolutely beautiful on your wedding day!

Your all completely right though!!! We all always hate something about ourselves!! I don't know if I'm just 'common' so to speak... But after a long week in the salon all I want to do on a Saturday night is raid sainsburys like a big kid running for all the choc and sweetie deals and just stuff my face! Haha. I don't smoke, I don't drink, certainly don't take drugs so who cares if I want some chocolate! That's my treat... Not bothered about expensive shoes or bags.. Just some nice chocolate and I'm happy!!

But completely understand what you say aswell about looking back in a few years and just thinking god why wasn't I just happy the way I was!!

Us women!! :)

Nicola! Xxx

I'm a size 8 yet even though I'm slim I still feel really body conscious and definitely am really harsh on myself my mum thinks I have body dysmorphia lol. I don't think the media helps all magazines are about weight and diets, I'm 22 so maybe my age but it does make me think oh I should be thinner or I'm not good enough, quite sad really. Kids at primary schools are dieting it's outrageous!
Us girls need to be happy the way we are, I sure hope one day I accept myself! Xx

It really is to do with the media and Facebook etc! There's always pcs of bum of the day coming up and gorgeous wee woman with hardly any clothes on!! It's so sad! Just makes yourself feel rubbish!!!

Nicola! Xxx

It really is to do with the media and Facebook etc! There's always pcs of bum of the day coming up and gorgeous wee woman with hardly any clothes on!! It's so sad! Just makes yourself feel rubbish!!!

Nicola! Xxx

Oh, they must be my pics :lol::lol:

If I could go back and talk to myself through my 20's I would tell myself to stop worrying so much about my weight! Have your hair done, buy clothes that fit nicely (regardless of size), exercise a bit and enjoy everything in moderation ( including the occasional stuff your face till you feel sick pig out). There are so many more exciting things to think about in life than what you look like! :)

If I could go back and talk to myself through my 20's I would tell myself to stop worrying so much about my weight! Have your hair done, buy clothes that fit nicely (regardless of size), exercise a bit and enjoy everything in moderation ( including the occasional stuff your face till you feel sick pig out). There are so many more exciting things to think about in life than what you look like! :)

Completely agree with this. When I had what I would now call "a lovely figure" I still wasn't happy. Always wanting to be better still. It is only when you get older that you look back and wish for what you weren't happy with in the first place. Unless you really look after yourself in later life you will expand, believe me. Your metabolism slows down and the pounds go on until your waist becomes the width of your hips:eek:. I haven't got that far yet, but in the past 1 1/2 years I have gained just over 1 stone and I know I need to be very careful. Try to enjoy life as Sam81 says without all the worrying.

I'm a size 8-10 and even my mom tells me I'm fat. Bare in mind I'm Asian so she was happy when I was a size 4-6. My bf on the other hand prefers me when I'm rounder. I think if you're comfortable in your body and feeling healthy then that's good enough.

haha! It's definitely an Asian mom thing. My mom does that too.

I think size and measurements depends on a person's natural body type and height. You can have 2 people of the same height and healthy weight, and they'd probably look a bit different cuz one could be an hourglass shape and one could be a pear shape, but the measurements would be proportionate for their individual body type.

Saying that, if a person is totally ok with the way their body looks and clothes fit, then all is good (but very rare cuz I think we're all a little body conscious). I am a little... just my arms... :lol:

I think size and measurements depends on a person's natural body type and height. You can have 2 people of the same height and healthy weight, and they'd probably look a bit different cuz one could be an hourglass shape and one could be a pear shape, but the measurements would be proportionate for their individual body type.

This is so true!

I'm about a stone heavier than my mum, but due to our different body shapes I look thinner - she thought I was much lighter than her!

I have a relatively smaller waist, but my legs are like horrid tree trunks!

This is so true!

I'm about a stone heavier than my mum, but due to our different body shapes I look thinner - she thought I was much lighter than her!

I have a relatively smaller waist, but my legs are like horrid tree trunks!

Same here!
I look slimmer than I am! When I weigh 9 stone I'm still size 10 but I look like skin and bone in some areas- literally ribs showing in my collar bone and chest area, arms like a ten year olds etc. People then say I'm too thin but I actually weigh more than them! I sit more comfortably at nearly 10 stone to be honest. Since I had my baby I still need to lose a stone but I don't have the motivation to be honest! Weight watchers here I come!

I'm hourglass shaped which means I've got quite thick chunky thighs and a big bum which I hate to be honest, even when I'm slim the thighs remain chunky! I wish I could slim my thighs down but I can't the weight just comes off other useless areas like my arms! Or collar bone lol!

You look absolutely lovely, such a beautiful colour on you as well! Don't put yourself down, you are not fat at all!

My boyfriend told me I'm fat this morning. Cheers mate. I know I'm not exactly Angelina Jolie but I'm a size 12-14, not a supersizer. I'd like to lose a couple of stone (am on weightwatchers and doing the moonwalk and running a marathon next year) but I didn't think I was properly obese :(

Rx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

If my partners told me I was fat at 12-14 I class that as abuse, I would probably be on an assault charge, :'(

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

If my partners told me I was fat at 12-14 I class that as abuse, I would probably be on an assault charge, :'(

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

Lol I've lost a bit of weight through illness lately and my husband told me he prefers me 'more meaty' this morning. I'd go mad if he ever said I was fat!

Latest posts

Back