How often do you refill/retip YOUR nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VHunter

Reaction score
Ok.... I'm anal about my nails. And because they get so beaten doing housework, yardwork, doing OTHER PEOPLE'S nails, etc..and of course, I'm not as careful as I should be cause let's face it, I can get mine done anytime.. right?

I like to retip them often. I've been trying to get out of that habit.... and now have an NNO BUT they're not as long as I'd like them to be, because everytime I ding a corner and file down the nail, I have to file the others to match:irked:

I want to cut them all off and start from scratch. And please dont mention sculpting.. I'm "pants" (as you all say) at sculpting other ppl, so FORGET sculpting on myself :cry:

PLUS they're uv gel, which means filing them all down...:irked:

How often do the rest of you refill or retip your own nails?
Are you as crazy as I am?

i change my " ends " every week , i get bored lol!! i never let mine grow as i dont like to see my natural nail showing , thats just me though , so i file end off , and reapply and infill roughly every 2 to 3 weeks

try too leave it over a week but its a bit like my avatar get board looking at em and never can do them quite aswell on myself:)

I have a friend who re-tips weekly and can't leave her nails alone....I think she finds fault on her own nails and worries about it too much. She has been left with the most horrendous nail plates through doing this.
Victoria, why don't you do some L&P training?
You obviously have a real passion for nails.....go on:hug:
You KNOW you will love it.

i cant seem to leave mine alone either but im learning too! and at the end of the after doing my clients nails i cant be bothered to fix my own, so i would say every two weeks i refill mine, i just have natural tips belended down and a pretty gel i made up (brisa white and pink) its sort of an opaue baby pink icing colour if that makes sense? but my birthday is coming up in 2 weeks and i want french so im going to get them done for once, so they look fabbarooni :lol:

1999judy said:
I have a friend who re-tips weekly and can't leave her nails alone....I think she finds fault on her own nails and worries about it too much. She has been left with the most horrendous nail plates through doing this.

How do you change the tips, I do my nails they look lovely then they get filed down whilst i am filing clients, anybody else have this problem. Index finger on lefthand and middle finger on right hand. And if I try to avoid my nail I end up filing skin Ouch

I don't tip, but I resculpt only when I want to try something knew. Or to rebuild that filed off corner.

1999judy said:

I do, I can't learn enough, read enough, try enough.
I've been trying scupting on a practice finger.. but I suck:irked: those darn forms errrr

I'm saving up now for a course on L&P... but.. stay at home mom.... small business...tight budget.. it's taking me a while :cry: Think I'm gonna go shake a cup on the corner of the street LOL

Ok, so not feeling so odd now, knowing I'm not the only anal nut LOL

I usually can't leave me nails alone for more than 1 week. I am shocking. I am my own model for trying things out but to the extreme. But i am my own worse client. I treat my nails with very little respect:cry: but i know i can fix them whenever i like :green:

And I thought I was bad!

I only tip..... as its the only thing I've learned and every 5 weeks my tips suddently disappears:lol: But I do my infills about every week if I find the time....simply because I can!

Can't wait to learn sculpting. It sounds like it has so many advantages.

Victoria no you're not alone! I am always fiddling with my nails. Sometimes I tip them, sometimes I sculpt them. I get bored with them and must change them around all the time. I've never had a NNO on them so good for you!

How's your long weekend going? Did it finally stop raining?? :cry:

Laura x

The first set I did on myself was sculpted so now they're a NNO. I try to rebalance them every 2-3 weeks. I must admit though, after about a week or so, they look like they need to be done. I'm always hitting them while I file!! :irked:

I do mine every 4 weeks.I can go even longer ,but I don't like a shadow of my natural nail smiling at me.
Carmen,try to change the way you are holding your clients fingers and you will not file your own nails.Remember,over grip ,not under grip.

Thanks Lana. I find it's when I hand file. I seem to rest it against my middle finger so then my corner always files off. I really just need to be more conscious of it and make an effort to fix it. Habits are hard to break!!

scratchmyback said:
Victoria no you're not alone! I am always fiddling with my nails. Sometimes I tip them, sometimes I sculpt them. I get bored with them and must change them around all the time. I've never had a NNO on them so good for you!

How's your long weekend going? Did it finally stop raining?? :cry:

Laura x

Wellll I just cut them all off LOL so bye-bye NNO. I just can't keep them long enough. Other people think they're long, but I like them ULTRA long LOL
I lasted 2mths without retipping.. and managed to limit myself to refilling only ever 2-3wks (HOW VERY HARD THAT WAS!!!) oh well.... Maybe better next time, aye? haha Need to adjust my grip when filing and remember to use my flex tape more often... THEN once I do that, maybe I'll have ULTRA long NNO's hehehe
tomorrow, I'll finish filing them and retip them. (Am thinking some micro glitter and coloured polka-dot feathers WHOOHOOOO lol)

It's Saturday now... STILL raining... pretty bad. We had 12hrs of straight rain yesterday, and so I had to sleep in the basement and wake up every 1hr to check that the sump-pump was keeping up with it and make sure our basement wasn't flooded (a sump-pump pumps water away from the foundation) Our house was est 1958 and so was most of the street. It's on a slope and the guy at the end who has TWO sump-pumps had a flooded basement again:irked: so Public works was there helping pump all the water out. The pipe running under the street for the sewage from all the houses and such is not big enough for the tolerate the additional flow of 'sewage' from the additional construction here in recent years. There are some condo's up the street now... etc..... so looks like the city will have to replace that main line UGH what a mess our street will be while they do that. If FINALLY stopped raining today :confused: but supposed to start again tomorrow BLAH
Ok, sorry, all O/T on that rain business LOL

thanks everyone for your replies.
:hug:

What the heck is NNO???? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ive been doing mine every week at the moment. Either I get bored with the colour or I get figety and want to practise or try out a new colour. I also like my nails to look heir best when I am working on my clients.

Latest posts

Back