How do you know which system is best

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samantha Fay

Reaction score
I only know how to work with one system and i have had a couple of other Tec's say to me that this system and that system is great to work with, so how can you find out which one is best. I am using NSI but have also been on a course to work with Backscraters, i am getting confused and am really not sure which system is best!:confused:

The best system is the one which you are trained and experienced in and dont have any problems with.

By system do you mean Liquid and Power, Gel or Wrap or do you mean brand?

You will get lots of answers and recomendations on here as we all love what we use.

If you are using NSI - NSI what - Gel, L&P - are you happy with it? Do you have any problems?

Some people will suggest you get lots of Try Me kits to see what you like, but without the necessary training you will not be able to guage which is the best for you as each product will work slightly differently.

Hope that makes sense.

I agree with Fiona. If you were trained with a particular system and you aren't having any major issues, I'd stick with that system. NSI makes high quality products. I think you'll be happy with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
As you go along I think you will find it is alot of trial and error. I was training with OPI and hated it with a passion. It didn't go on well and it lifted too quick so I asked around and tried Retention by CND and so far I love it. You can usually by trial kits of products you think you might want to use which is what I did, that way if I didn't like it I wasn't wasting a huge investment in something i wasn't going to use.

Hope this helps you.

Good training with a quality brand is essential, there are many excellent brands out there with great training and support and personally I would go on recommendation of both. Try me kits are excellent to get a feel of the product as long as it is a similar style as the one you are using, for example a primerless acrylic, or a 1 phase gel, however changing brand should be backed up with a conversion course and alot of companies give free convertion course to support your change of brand.

Take advantage of open days and the trade shows to see the experts at work with the products.

Good training with a quality brand is essential, there are many excellent brands out there with great training and support and personally I would go on recommendation of both. Try me kits are excellent to get a feel of the product as long as it is a similar style as the one you are using, for example a primerless acrylic, or a 1 phase gel, however changing brand should be backed up with a conversion course and alot of companies give free convertion course to support your change of brand.

Take advantage of open days and the trade shows to see the experts at work with the products.

I Agree here good training with a quality brand is essential along with product and technical support. Again a good idea to use the try me kits but and yes there is a but without the correct training in the products you will not get the best results:hug:

When i first trained at college we used Young nails my nails were ok but nothing to call home about so i got disheartened. Then I decided to try other systems but got the same results but always liked the consistency of my first brand so i came to the conclusion it was me and not the product.

I booked my self on a brush up day with clare kelly and bang it all fell into place straight away i knew where I was going wrong. Get trained in your chosen brand each brand is different. Know how your product works and you will be fine.

As everyone else has said, it is best to get the most out of the system you trained in because then you have the "big picture" that you won't get trying all diff brands without training and support.

THAT being said, once you are experienced, things do change. People do convert from one system to another either because their needs/skills change and they want more/different things from the product.

Sometimes you just need a one on one with the current system. Sometimes you need to change the monomer within your system due to weather conditions. And sometimes, you outgrow a system and need to convert to another.

The thing is to utilise what you have to the best and if the best isn't good enough for you anymore, then its time to contact a quality manufacturer, try their product and if it suits, properly convert to that system.

NSI is good product. We trained in IBD in the dark ages, and I had done a conversion for NSI because the IBD wasn't doing it for me anymore way back when. Now, I was intrigued with Tammy Taylor and did a conversion there as well. Then I got out of the biz for 10+ years.

So this past year I took a foundation/conversion with EZ Flow because I wanted to get back into the biz and wanted to have a quality product available to me here in NZ. Doesn't mean I wouldn't/won't use NSI or TT on occasion, but my focus will be on EZF for the time being. (OK, Avolve is also got me hooked currently as well....)

The way I figure it, if you keep updated (something I didn't do for over 10 years, hence why I went foundation with EZF for my "conversion")...you will grow with the product you trained in and you may well "outgrow" it if you have utilised it fully.
the key is utilising it fully....hence the need for a one to one or brush up day.

Just cos you take a foundation course, or a conversion course doesn't mean that you are done with learning.....there is always something to learn, those "ah-hah" moments we all have, be it with nails or life. You have to be open to it and it opens up to you.
:)

Training on the product you are using is always benifical. I think a lot of technicians tend to blame the product they are using in the beginning of their career, when really it is more down to their technique.

If you are happy with what you are using then stick with it.

There are lots of excellent brands available to use, but I do think that you will get a much better result from the product if you have under gone the proper training.

Thankyou for your reply, it's so nice to be able to have the opinions of all of you and you don't feel so alone. Cheers x

Latest posts

Back