How do you make mobile pedicures easier?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pedis are a nightmare for mobile either waqy we have loads of stuff to carry with us but its about time there was a nice little board with roller skate wheels on it that the foot spa or bowl fitted on, i ve got a nice one for my home salon but its too bulky for mobile carrying and is so handy for moving the bowl out of the way, it also has a foot rest for checking heels and polsihing.

have to say whn mobile i tend to sit on the floor in a weird position but my back cries out afterwards. waterless pedi doesnt ring right though especially for soaking through that hard skin so we can remove it, exfoliation just doesnt shift it enough. but love the sound of steam towels. i tend to use small flannels colour coordianted to remove masks and stuff and no so many aprticles in your foot spa then.

as for leaning it i tend to put a solution of slect solution in the bowl and run it when i get home and clean in them funny places with a toothbrush.

MINKUS said:
have u tried spritzing a towel with water and popping it in the microwave for 15 seconds....you can add oils to the water sprtitz for a yumm aroma too !

of course it means saying can i borrow ya microwave that may have particles of last weeks dinner in it :eek: .....but at least the towels warm

lmao

amb x

Hi Amb,

Yes, and that is exactly where the problem lies. Feel a bit weird asking people if I can just quickly use their Microwave and of course, they might end up smelling like last nights curry :lol: :lol:

I bought one of those foot stool thingy-me-bobs from econ-omed when they were half price - they are soooo brilliant

Pedicure stools are great if you just do a mini pedi, but I find that once you start soaking the feet etc. the stool just gets in the way as you need to keep moving it and you need to constantly get up and down from it, so you can do what you need to do.

River

Wow

The idea of a mobile steam cabby mandini sounds excellent. I have often thought this would be ideal in the same way when I do manicures. The only solution todate I have come up with is that I soak/heat my towels before I leave home and put them in a thermal bag but saying that it isn't ideal, and really depends on distance that I am travelling.

Keep us posted.

Latest posts

Back