How do you make mobile pedicures easier?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mandini

Reaction score
Hi folks

I wanna know the answer!!

Please let me know what you think about the whole water issue?
Do you dread it?
What spa/bowl/other container do you use?
If there was another way - would you be interested or do you flatly believe that feet need soaking.....?

Do you wish there was an easier way?
How do you feel about removing/rinsing products?

How do you feel when both feet reach the mask/wrap stage and you have the bowl in the way?

Do you think that the container we use should go up as far as we put our products? (ie just below the knee?)

I would love to know how you feel about the mobile pedicure and if any of you have some tips and tricks you can share.....

:eek:

If you find the answer, let me know !

I think for some pedicures it is necessary to soak the feet to soften some of the hard skin etc, but oviously, water is also needed to rinse of the products.

I currently only use a bowl as I can't find a footspa that I like. Rinsing the products is not a huge problem, however, I do need to be careful that I don't splash water everywhere. My solution to that is that a place a towell underneath the bowl that if I do spill some water, the floor is protected.

When I do the mask / wrap stage, I simply move the bowl out of the way. I sit on the floor when I do pedicures, so once again, not a huge problem. I think if the container went as far up as the knee, you would have problems working with it, i.e. how would you actually rinse product etc ? You would literally have to get in the container to do so.

As a whole, doing the actually pedicure isn't the problem, it's more having to carry everything around with you and not being able to give them a "proper" spa experience with a nice chair, music etc.

River

I agree with everything that River has said.

I like to soak as i think it's part of the relaxing treatment, nothing like soaking your feet in warm water after a hard day at work!

i use a foot spa, which gets taken out of the way when the feet are wrapped ready for the cuticle work to be done.

I don't think it's as an relaxing treatment when mobile compared to a salon, but the work carried out is excatly the same just not the atmosphere that goes with it. xx

funkyfingers10 said:
I don't think it's as an relaxing treatment when mobile compared to a salon, but the work carried out is excatly the same just not the atmosphere that goes with it. xx

Ditto.

River

i think that if posssible to prevent mess and water going everywhere that maybe just work on the feet? i have found the higher i go up the lower leg the more mess is caused!!

dont know if this helps, i am trying to have a think of a few more ideas/solutions, back later!

xxgingerxx

Hi Mandini,

If anything, I have more of a problem with rinsing products whilst doing a manicure than with a pedicure.

I have to ask clients to go rinse their hand and depending on where I am in the house, they might have to go downstairs or upstairs to do so.

I've tried having a little bowl, but to be honest, it was more of a hassle than a help.

River

Mandini said:
Hi folks

I wanna know the answer!!

Please let me know what you think about the whole water issue?
Do you dread it? Yes its quite time consuming
What spa/bowl/other container do you use?I just use a clear plastic bowl from Wilkisons only because I have heard that quite often the agitation that foot spas generate cool the water faster but will change once i've demod some at GMEX as i think it looks more professional
If there was another way - would you be interested or do you flatly believe that feet need soaking.....? I do wish there was another way but really there is nothing nicer than sometimes just giving you feet a good old soak even if nothing else but if there was another way i'd be interested to know

Do you wish there was an easier way?Yes I do i love doing pedicures but even with a stool the its not as relaxing as it would be in a salon and I dont like that element - a portiable pedicure chair with a foot spa that folded up - now thats an idea:rolleyes: as if
How do you feel about removing/rinsing products?dont mind the only problem is i find i have to change the water inbetween sometimes but i use a sponge to remove the foot mask

How do you feel when both feet reach the mask/wrap stage and you have the bowl in the way? i've generally turn the bowl to one side so its lenght ways so i have room to move but it is awkward i have to admit

Do you think that the container we use should go up as far as we put our products? (ie just below the knee?) in an ideal world i think it should but is it really necessary but I couldn't see it working for mobile treatments IMO

I would love to know how you feel about the mobile pedicure and if any of you have some tips and tricks you can share.....I wish i still find them incredable awkward and don't look foward to doing them which is a shame as they are a lush treatment that I wish I enjoyed more

:eek:

I hope this is of some use even if it is a bit negative....

i had a pedicure the other week when i went for a day in a spa.

my therapist moved the water out of the way straight away after soaking my feet, she applied the scrub and then removed/rubb it off with damp Mitts. i really liked this idea.

funkyfingers10 said:
i had a pedicure the other week when i went for a day in a spa.

my therapist moved the water out of the way straight away after soaking my feet, she applied the scrub and then removed/rubb it off with damp Mitts. i really liked this idea.

Where did she get the mitts from ? I.e. where they already prepared and she just used them or did she have to get up and make them damp ?

River

River said:
Where did she get the mitts from ? I.e. where they already prepared and she just used them or did she have to get up and make them damp ?

River

They were already prepared on her table. they were like the mitts you can use in the shower with a exfoliating side and a soft side. i want to get some cus i thought it was a really good idea, but can't find any as yet.

I love pedicures,it really makes a difference as apposed to someone walking around in flip flops sporting ten manky toes (as my little one would say) !

However i am not enjoying doing them at the minuite,i use a bowl,i don't think it looks very professional but i haven't found anything else yet ! I hate that the water doesn't stay warm,it just feel very inconveinent to me at the moment,it would be loads easier and look more professional in the salon environment.

Mandini,why do you ask,is a super duper pedicure probelm solving invention on it's way ????? lol

If anyone has any tips for me that would be great, x x

I dont do pedicures yet, but I will be going on my course in 2 weeks and am dreading doing them with filling up the bowl / spa and masks etc. Just seams so messy!

I would really be interested in another way of doing this without soaking! I love the idea of using damp mittens. I think I might use that! :)

I am thinking of using a bowl rather than a spa for this as it seems easier to clean or is about the same?

Also if i could ask... how do you guys sit when doing this? do you find it is bad for your back? are you on the floor or do you take a stool?

Ta xxx

xxx

Great - these are the answers I was looking for - and particularly those that are a bit negative!

Removing product with mitts is a super dooper, neat idea... so too are:

Wet wipes
Facial sponges
Soft brushes

The bowl and the water though still present problems.... losing the temperature, humping the bowl backwards and forwards to the clients sink - risk of spillage and mess etc.....

The other problem is our position - the foot's position - in it's in our lap, we're looking down the foot and it's hard to address dead skin from this position as well as enamelling.

How do hot steamed towels sound to you, for preparing the feet and removing product? Surely if we are using a decent chemical exfoliator to remove dead skin, we don't need water to do the job?

If it was possible to get a steam cab, plugged into your car and a thermal bag to carry them into your clients home - what would you think?

What do you think Geeg, Sam? What's the deal on soaking feet from a hygiene point of view? Really truthfully? I never soak the hands before a manicure now, because of wonderful Cuticle Remover. So if we are softening with a product - what is the water for? And if it is FOR something, then is it worth sacrificing?

Is steam the way forward for a more practical mobile pedicure - can it deoderize.... you could still use your diluted soaks/salts to dampen the towels before inserting in the cab?

I really believe that the mobile pedicure needs revolutionising so that it is more seemless, neater and has a quirky wow factor.... come on guys.......

LET'S THINK OUT OF THE TUB!!!:lol:

There was a thread about this a fews days ago and one geek mentioned using hot stones as they look good and help keep the water warm too. I have an inflatable footbath which is great for carrying round but not for keeping warm. We need Creative to come up with a durable plastic bowl and pebbles maybe!!:)

I soak everytime too - it helps the client relax and is also a way of stopping them saying 'oh I'll just do this and that'.

Re positioning I have a low stool about a foot off the ground (sitting on the floor would be murder for my back!) and am able to lift the leg to check the heels.

HTH

River said:
Hi Mandini,

If anything, I have more of a problem with rinsing products whilst doing a manicure than with a pedicure.

I have to ask clients to go rinse their hand and depending on where I am in the house, they might have to go downstairs or upstairs to do so.

I've tried having a little bowl, but to be honest, it was more of a hassle than a help.

River

have u tried spritzing a towel with water and popping it in the microwave for 15 seconds....you can add oils to the water sprtitz for a yumm aroma too !

of course it means saying can i borrow ya microwave that may have particles of last weeks dinner in it :eek: .....but at least the towels warm

lmao

amb x

I wash the feet first in a bowl, then exfoliate, so I don't get grains clogging up my foot spa. Then cut the toe nails and then put the feet into my foot spa which keeps warm because I can can switch it onto "massage, spa and heat". Then I leave the client in the footspa for about 10 minutes, then continue with the rest of the pedicure.
I also use a pedicure stool as I'm mobile and hated sitting on people's floors. I only bought the stool recently and it's been fantastic. It was on half price offer from Economed, only £34.99 + VAT. www.econo-med.com

Debs67 said:
I wash the feet first in a bowl, then exfoliate, so I don't get grains clogging up my foot spa. Then cut the toe nails and then put the feet into my foot spa which keeps warm because I can can switch it onto "massage, spa and heat". Then I leave the client in the footspa for about 10 minutes, then continue with the rest of the pedicure.
I also use a pedicure stool as I'm mobile and hated sitting on people's floors. I only bought the stool recently and it's been fantastic. It was on half price offer from Economed, only £34.99 + VAT. www.econo-med.com

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR REPLIES - I'M STILL LISTENIN'!!!!

The stool sounds great - I assume it's light and easy to carry........

I do know what you guys are getting at with the soaking thing - it is a fabulous feeling..... of course these foot spas do need plugging in - anyone concerned about this - or worried about disinfecting the intricate plumbing that runs through them? They can't half harbour alot of gremlins..... the old dark, warm and damp story..........

Any more opinions on the steam towel option?!

I bought one of those foot stool thingy-me-bobs from econ-omed when they were half price - they are soooo brilliant - i look forward to doing pedicures now (used to hate them due to back ache and sitting on cold lino floors). They are fairly easy to cart around too - i just sling it across the back seat of the car.

I did toy with the idea of taking a thermos flask full of hot water and keep near me so that half way through the soaking stage - if the waters gone cool i can top it up without having to leave the client and taking the bowl away with me. I haven`t done it get though.

Another idea I thought about - was filling a hot water bottle up, placing it inside a plastic bag and then putting it into the bottom of the pedicure bowl so that it keeps the water warm and warms the clients feet at the same time.

Again I haven`t tried this either yet - the one problem with this that i could foresee was that the water bottle might float.

I haven`t tried any of these - because since I thought of them - i haven`t done any mobile pedis.

Hope that helps though!!

Latest posts

Back