How do you market your Shellac service?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

totalbeauty

Reaction score
How do you market Shellac to your clients, do you sell it as a one off pricewith free soak off, or do you re-do a shellac, like a maintainance , or a new set each time. What price difference do you charge for a gel overlay, Shellac and a manicure. My therapists are all charging different prices and is driving me mad. Please help me decide how to market and what to charge, thanking you all in advance for your advice geeks!:confused:

My prices are probably below what most charge, but I live in a small town and cannot price myself out of the market. I'm slightly higher than average in my area, I would say. It is recommended you increase your service price by 50% when you add shellac. Round example: mani price $20, mani with shellac price: $30, but here are my current prices:

initial shellac application: $27 (same as an acrylic or gel nail fill or quick clear gel overlay to natural nails , $10 more than a standard manicure)
shellac color change (soak off+new application): $30
shellac soak off only (includes mini mani, i.e. no polish): $15 (with full mani): $20
standard pedi with shellac: $45 ($30 w/o shellac)
spa pedi with shellac: $60 ($47 w/o shellac)

Hope this helps a little bit, just adapt to your own pricing system.

If using the same colour, do you soak off and reapply or go over it again, like a maintainance, and how much would you charge for this?

We introduced the Shellac at an introductory price of £22.00, with the intention of then charging £24.00, without removal. Somewhere along the line I find my therapists have been charging £17.00 to soak off and reapply, where they have got this figure from I really dont know, so I now have to tell clients that there has been a misunderstanding and decide what is a fair price for this treatment. Does anyone have any ideas?:mad:

We charge 28euros for each Shellac treatment. It always includes a soak off. We never go over old Shellac. Even the first appointment is 28 euros and we tell the clients the soak off is included. Keeps things simple al around.

Shellac is not meant to be infilled any more than polish is meant to be infilled. Many clients go for three weeks and others come every 2. It depends on the colour and the regrowth factor; some don't mind seeing the regrowth and others do. Clients that have always had polish like to come every two weeks. They think it is amazing that their Shellac polish colour even lasts two weeks compared to ordinary polish. If wearing the lighter colours, clients tend to push for 3weeks as the regrowth is not so noticeable. Hth

That's great advice Geeg - what do you add on for CND spa on top? Out of interest?
I was charging £8 extra but think £10 is probably more realistic...

We charge 17 euros on top of a full Citrus Spa Manicure. We always perform the Spa treatment for the hand and arm after the Shellac application.

Yes - I follow your tutorials to the letter - thanks and always do the spa bit afterwards. Think it reinforces how fab shellac is:green: as you can scrub, mask and massage after doing it. So I maybe need to add more for my CND citrus/earth spa I think.
I am so excited I think I just found a little shop to rent and it will be exclusively CND! How fab!!!:green:

We charge 28euros for each Shellac treatment. It always includes a soak off. We never go over old Shellac. Even the first appointment is 28 euros and we tell the clients the soak off is included. Keeps things simple al around.

Shellac is not meant to be infilled any more than polish is meant to be infilled. Many clients go for three weeks and others come every 2. It depends on the colour and the regrowth factor; some don't mind seeing the regrowth and others do. Clients that have always had polish like to come every two weeks. They think it is amazing that their Shellac polish colour even lasts two weeks compared to ordinary polish. If wearing the lighter colours, clients tend to push for 3weeks as the regrowth is not so noticeable. Hth

Gigi, am I understanding this right, if a client was to come in for Shellac,for a one off special occasion you would charge 28 euros for the application & removal 2/3 weeks later (so no charge when they come back 2/3 weeks later & just want it taken off)????

Gigi, am I understanding this right, if a client was to come in for Shellac,for a one off special occasion you would charge 28 euros for the application & removal 2/3 weeks later (so no charge when they come back 2/3 weeks later & just want it taken off)????

lol I haven't had that happen yet, everyone is loving their Shellac and can't bear to be without it BUT if someone wanted that then I would just wrap em up sit them down and remove it for nothing. 10 mininutes and a bit of Solar Oil ... that is perfectly possible.

Thanks for the great advice, I now have a clearer understanding and will stick to my guns and will be charging £24.00 for Shellac including the removal for free afterwards.:hug:

Latest posts

Back