How do you reply?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tigers-mummy

Reaction score
This might sound stupid but it's something I struggle with!

I have done rockstar on myself and get quite a few comments but I never know how to respond! I know it's my chance to promote my work but I get flustered and feel like I'm being a bit pushy just whipping out a business card!

I am just starting out on my own, just had business cards made up etc. I'm not going mad looking for clients til I finish level 3 (nail enhancements) at college. I am level 2 qualified in beauty and have done other course (minx ect). I have insurance too.

So how do you reply when the lady at the checkout says how great your nails look?! X

jez woman give her your number and a price. lol. she's just waiting for you to reel her in. :)
by the sounds of it the only thing you're short of is confidence. deep breath and say i'm a nail tech , here's my card, give me a call.

Good response would be "thank you, I'm a nail tech. Would you like me to do yours? Here's my card!!"

Good response would be "thank you, I'm a nail tech. Would you like me to do yours? Here's my card!!"

Absolutely, and if she is the checkout lady give her some cards for the staff canteen.

You are not alone!!! I've been very nervous at responding back with more than just "Aw thank you!" when I get compliments on my nails.

It's like the others have said, I think we just need to be a bit more confident, "Thanks! I made them myself, here's my card if you're interested! I'm certified :)"

Ha it sounds so daft reading it back! It is a confidence thing, i'm hoping now I can prepare better and be ready to say 'heres my card'. Silly me!

Thanks for your replies!

You are not alone!!! I've been very nervous at responding back with more than just "Aw thank you!" when I get compliments on my nails.

It's like the others have said, I think we just need to be a bit more confident, "Thanks! I made them myself, here's my card if you're interested! I'm certified :)"

A certified loony? lol. This customer is yours for the conversion...you can't get a more ripe one than that. Be proud of your work, they have seen what you can do and like it so you know it must be good. That's stage one done.

When out shopping, wear your salon uniform - especially if it's logoed, always have cards with you....every person in the world has nails and I'm pretty sure every single one of them would like them to look nice.

I have a keyring photothingie with some of my work on - give that to the potential client to have a look at while you're getting your cards out of your purse.

You CAN do this.

A certified loony? lol. This customer is yours for the conversion...you can't get a more ripe one than that. Be proud of your work, they have seen what you can do and like it so you know it must be good. That's stage one done.

When out shopping, wear your salon uniform - especially if it's logoed, always have cards with you....every person in the world has nails and I'm pretty sure every single one of them would like them to look nice.

I have a keyring photothingie with some of my work on - give that to the potential client to have a look at while you're getting your cards out of your purse.

You CAN do this.

That is great advice! Thank you. Never thought to show of my uniform, I will be getting some badges made up! Ohh I feel more confident already hehe xx

I usually say..."thanks, I'm a mobile nail tech, I can come to you anytime!" then hand them my card :)

Another way is to just compliment people on their nails if they've had them done, nomatter what you think if them you can always comment even on a colour of polish and then start a conversation, open it up to talk about what you do (and how much you believe in it) and then often they'll be interested to talk about products. I've done that twice without realising in my other job and managed to retail solar oil and pick up a client as she didn't actually like what the other tech did! The trick is to be interested, genuine and not pushy :) or at least that's what I try do!!! Xx

never, never go anywhere with your business cards....:hug:

Some great replies there.

I was so happy and surprised the first few times this happened to me that i didn't know what to say and my boyfriend quickly came out with "They're great aren't they, she's a professional nail tech, if you want her card. They're shellac, which is a new long lasting 14 day polish..." Lol. He really takes it all in haha.

Now, i'm able to say, thanks very much. I'm a beauty therapist. Here's my card if you fancy getting yours done at some point xx

Some great replies there.

I was so happy and surprised the first few times this happened to me that i didn't know what to say and my boyfriend quickly came out with "They're great aren't they, she's a professional nail tech, if you want her card. They're shellac, which is a new long lasting 14 day polish..." Lol. He really takes it all in haha.

Now, i'm able to say, thanks very much. I'm a beauty therapist. Here's my card if you fancy getting yours done at some point xx

You're so lucky! I am trying to 'train' my boyfriend so he knows what I do so he can tell people (he know's so many people it's unreal!). So far the best he has come up with is 'she can do something on your nail and use sparkles and stickers and stuff! And something to do with gel as well I think!' Grrrrrrr yet I know all about how to change a wellhead on an oil rig! haha

This might sound stupid but it's something I struggle with!

I have done rockstar on myself and get quite a few comments but I never know how to respond! I know it's my chance to promote my work but I get flustered and feel like I'm being a bit pushy just whipping out a business card!

I am just starting out on my own, just had business cards made up etc. I'm not going mad looking for clients til I finish level 3 (nail enhancements) at college. I am level 2 qualified in beauty and have done other course (minx ect). I have insurance too.

So how do you reply when the lady at the checkout says how great your nails look?! X

You're not being pushy! If people are saying how great your nails look you're obv great at what you do and if she doesn't go to you she'll get them somewhere else so get in there!! :) Hope it goes well! x

Try not to think of giving her your card as being pushy, rather think of it as giving her an invite to try your services.

Try not to think of giving her your card as being pushy, rather think of it as giving her an invite to try your services.

Oww an invite! I like that thought :) Thank you xx

Latest posts

Back