How do You Rise & Shine????!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rosebud1

Reaction score
Morning...

If any of you feel really sleepy in the morning when you have your first few clients and you feel sleepy and groggy and not chatty...( if you arent all early birds out there) What are your tips for brightening up???

I find it so difficult to get going first thing!!

I need two cups of tea to get me going in the morning and the local radio station on to make me laugh on the way into work.
x

caffeine caffeine caffeine lol...
i tried decaf but i was even grumpier than normal in the mornings so i went back on the full strength stuff lol

When I worked in the airport I used to put my make up on, look in the mirror and give myself the biggest smile! A real wide over-the-top smile which made me laugh then I'd say something like 'hey you sexy thing!' it really works. I find if I'm not smiling and putting my uniform on I look terrible cos I dont know which hairstyle to have or my eyeshadow is too dark - so smiling works for me. :D

I usually rise and shine to 2 little girls pulling at my eyelids shouting open mummy...breakfast time !!!!! the other ones usually still out for the count till i wake her up. I once woke to find barbie stickers all over my face and 20 hairclips on my head...lovely little angels they are.....xxxx

Plenty of coffee and up and about in plenty of time before the client arrives. Not a good impression for the client if you don't look bright'n'breezy xx

Can't do anything until I've had a nice cup of tea.

Caffine and nicotine is my combo for a kick start lol

as rob works away, i get woken up too the sound of toy cranes on the landing by my youngest boy, who is dressed in his school uniform at 5.30 in the morning. and the other two boys playing on the playstation with the volume wacked right up.
they know not to talk too mum as i am likely to be nasty.........lol until i have had 2 cups of tea at least......then i am fine.

lell said:
lol I totally forgot to add the nicotine bit... yeppers, have to agree with you there Lell, bad as it is I can't envisage a morning without those two important things available :o
xx

coffee n fag, defonate favourite, then start moaning when its reaching 8.45 n my sons mini bus STILL not arrived and ive got a 20 min walk to get other son to school. so mornings are not a firm favourite of mine, till aleast 10am.. lol dianna xxxx :(

lell said:

LOL MY COMBO ALSO!

Im not a morning person at all can be extremely ratty, but definately has to be a bottle of sprite and nicotine x

Sugar-free Red Bull!!! :D :o Don't like coffee so have to get my caffeine another way!

2 x latte size mugs of tea, a brisk walk with the dogs, AND NO ONE TALK TO ME BEFORE 9AM!!
My problem is more around 2pm as I need a siesta, the number of times I have fallen asleep in the staff room is unreal. I've nearly nodded off in front of clients too. So any tips for the afternoon lull? Lucozade often does the trick!

Sassy Hassy said:
My problem is more around 2pm as I need a siesta
you're living in the wrong country Sassy lol
you need to move here where they are the norm :D

Oh Sandi, don't tempt me. I'd so love to move abroad, all those "place in the Sun" progs get my itchy feet going!

Coffee, coffee and yet more coffee is the only way to get going in the morning - but certainly not before 9am - I don't mind how late a night I have but early mornings NO WAY!!!!!!

Maybe if I lived in a nice warm, sunny climate it would be different - but here in drizzley, cold Blighty my bed is the snuggliest, 'bestest' place to be before the clock says 9.00. :zzz:

I am sooo useless in the mornings!! I wish i wasnt - i would love to wake up bright and cheery ... but then about midnight I wake up and could do allsorts of jobs and end up watching tv til about 3am! If I have a client first thing (which is 9.45 to me) oooooh it nearly kills me lol

Latest posts

Back