How do you store your brush?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllThumbs

Reaction score
I have one of the metal creative brush cases for my brushes. I travel between salons and i'd really like to find another case i can leave at my new shop. However....these case are limited edition from eons ago. I just happened to come across mine because someone forgot to pick theirs up at the supply store and they sold it to me. All of the other holders i'm seeing are Upright holders. But per CND they say store the brush flat. Anyone have any ideas what i can use for another case or storage? I can't even find the CND cases except for in the UK on ebay and they are like $25-30 american.
does it really ruin the brush to stand it on its end?

CND have brought out new metal cases they are fantastic with different sized slots for your brushes.
:hug:

I store my brushes vertically, bristles pointing down with a lid on. If the're travelling in my nail box then they travel horizontally with a lid on.

toothbrush travel case with bluetack to hold brush in place. i decorated mine with crystals:) a creative one would look more professional now they are available. dear santa?????:)

CND have brought out new metal cases they are fantastic with different sized slots for your brushes.
:hug:

I bought mine today along with a few other things from Fingertips. :)

I store mine flat in a CND case.

Flat, in the silver CND case x

What difference does it make if you store your brush flat?

What difference does it make if you store your brush flat?

For one thing it is easier than hanging it from something and it is protected by the case. Main thing is not to store it with the hair facing up as I'm sure you know. Leaving it out of the case and hanging (even downwards) collects contamination.

For one thing it is easier than hanging it from something and it is protected by the case. Main thing is not to store it with the hair facing up as I'm sure you know. Leaving it out of the case and hanging (even downwards) collects contamination.
Mine are capped and not hanging from the spring on the light, I used to do that lol! I keep the bristles down, covers on, in a nice Harrods pencil tin, upright!

Mine are capped and not hanging from the spring on the light, I used to do that lol! I keep the bristles down, covers on, in a nice Harrods pencil tin, upright!

If it's working then it's working !!! lol

If it's working then it's working !!! lol
Speaking of if it works, how embarassing is this, I bought the double ended chisel a year or so ago, never used one before but read all the reviews. I had been using it the wrong way round, only discovered that a couple of months ago when I thought about a wood working chisel and I turned it round and got a better result! Just goes to show that product specific education is key lol!

Has any one seen the new one Magnetic have brought out. Its in this months scratch i think its WOW .

its a stand, bit hard to explaine do you have scratch mag

Well I was told that bristles up or down, vertical is a no no because liquid gets trapped in the bristles and can lead to contamination. Does no other company make a case beside creative? I really don't want to pay $30 for another case. I'd rather just travel with my brush.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you seen the 'Nfu Oh' Brush Clean Bottle from Affiniti ? :idea:^ ^:idea:

It's amazing idea with a really good design. :eek::eek:

You can use it to decorate your desk as well. :green::green::green:

You brush will head downward safely

so I'm gonna quit using my peg hanging them down in my sugar bottle... - -'

okay i'm glad i asked this question because now i feel like everything i've been told for years is wrong! so i'm all in a tizzy about this brush thing. Where I am, our supply stores do not sell brushes with caps. For the longest time I had it in a toothbrush holder. then i found the creative case. But now you all are saying that I can hang it down? why does CND stress being flat? i'm simply confused now as to what i should be doing with my brush...

Latest posts

Back