How good of a sales person are you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mieke

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I rent my own desk at a beautysalon in the center of Gothenburg and we always get a percentage on what we sell. I have to say that i am sooo darn lousy at selling nailproducts or any product for that matter to customers. I really want to turn this around but i always have the tendency of putting myself in the customers shoes since i hate it when people try to sell me things. I always think that they well see me as pushy or anoying. Today i asked them if we could get in some of my favorite products like cnd scentsations since i think that i would have it easier to sell products of which i am really wild about. But what about cuticle care products, polishes etc... i never seem to be able to get any of those out.

Come on guys let me in on your secrets and tacticks :green: I no longer want to feel embaressed compared to my co-workers lol

Firstly you need to have all products practicly in front of the client! Make sure they see what your selling.

Secondly you need to be mainly using or wearing the product your selling or at least tried it so you know how it works etc.

Thirdly you do need to be selling something you use and recommend otherwise you wont have the passion to sell the item.

hths :hug:

I also hate when people want to sell me things if I'm not directly interested... but as said above, you have all those nail stuff at your table. And people start asking what is this and what's this for? And then you just say it is.... for... - and there you go :) Cuticle oil first :)

My clients don't wear much nail polish, but after every service I put transparent or glossy polish and say, oh what a beautifull shine, what a beautifull brush! (sounds lame, I know, but isn't it true? I mean, pro polish brush vs drugstore one?) And I tell a little story about three strokes applying, and that it cannot be done with any brush... and this polish won't dry out... and then they say hm... and they started to buy polishes:) maybe not at once, but - someone says, uh, this one would look great on toes, or, which colours do you prefer? Or someone starts talking about birthdays and presents and blah blah and you go - this could do the trick...

...like hand and body lotions, or soaps, I squirt them a little amount and say - you gotta try this, it smells gorgeous... nothing about - hey, would you like to buy, or something like that... just showing...

But the main thing is, as you said, that you personally love those products and then they feel that you want to share it. Especially with CND, that's not a problem :)

hth

Ime terrible at selling things, feel bad as dont want to be pushy either, also im rubbish at telling the sales callers (you know the ones - switch from BT blh, blah, blah) where to go they never listen and i dont want to be nasty because they are only doing their jobs. Im a nightmare and i part own the business!!!!

as already said, i think it's essential you know your products and believe in them. clients want you to sell to them. they're already the type of people to spend money on these things for themselves - they're already spending money on the treatment arent they? of course if they're not interested then you dont want to be pushy but what's the point in you doing a treatment and them then leaving you and going to the local boots or superdrug and buying inferior products? they trust you as a professional, and the advice you are giving them about products will benefit them - helping to build a relationship and bringing you return custom.

dont think of it as trying to sell to increase your commission, think of it as you doing the best for your client by giving them an extra service - you're giving the benefit of your expertise! it's just a mind-set!! hth xxx

Latest posts

Back