How have you all gained your extensive anatomy knowledge on nails/acrylic/gels?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kel's25

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I did my acrylic/gel training originally at college between 1999/2001 then did clients, I've had breaks from doing nails when the salons I've worked in don't offer them.

I had a refresher day in 2005 by a accredited nail school in Cyprus, as I'd had 2 years away from nails. She said I was fine and I've done nails on and off from then. I did a cnd acrylic conversion in 2009, brisa lite smoothing and sculpting this year. I did however have a year off after having my daughter in 2011.

I am a beauty therapist who offers holistics/beauty/nails, I don't just do solely nails. For that I'm not the faster but pride myself in being methodical and a perfectionists to the best of my ability!

I've just really lost my confidence and getting problems with lifting again. But also when I look at you guys answering people's post you know so much science, and know causes/effect of lifting (ie meds/illiness) etc where have you got this from? Is it just what you've found out through your work/books/on here/training? I want to expand my knowledge but don't know where to start!!!

As soon as money allows I will be booking on a 1-2-1 with a cnd educator!

Sorry for long post

Read, read and read some more! I have learnt more from on here than anywhere else, and from what I can gather its ongoing and there is always something to learn :)

Great books are also worth having..

The complete nail technician is brilliant as is nail class by Gigi Rouse and also Doug Schoon's book on nail structure and product chemistry

Books, magazines, lots of training( always learn something on a course) and on here and from talking to other techs x

Nail Structure and Product Chemistry by Doug Schoon, his 3D brain DVD is fab as well!!
http://dougschoon.com

Latest posts

Back