How is this created?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geekling

Reaction score
How do you think this full on glitter on acrylics is created? How do you do it? Iv had a client request nails like this and have tried adding glitter to acrylic but it doesn't seem to creat the solid colour this has?

Any advice welcome!
Thankyou! :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1342270839.405893.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1342270839.405893.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 691
I would apply tips & overlay in choosen products either gel or acrylic,file to shape then apply a thin layer of gel and using a brush apply the glitter on top then apply another layer of gel before applying the final topcoat. But to get complete coverage I find it easier to apply a colour underneath so that when you apply the glitter you don't have any gaps this way you won't make the nails really thick. I have pics in my album of nails done this way.x

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

Thanx hun! For some reason I just couldnt work it out!! Lol xx

Thanx hun! For some reason I just couldnt work it out!! Lol xx

At the nail art course I did, we added glitter to the coloured acrylic so for this specific picture it would be dark blue acrylic mixed with the glitter, and then the light blue acrylic mixed with glitter.

The glitter fade at the tip is the darker coloured bead placed on zone 2 and pulled very thinly down to the free edge, then the lighter colour on the free edge/tip and puled down towards the cuticle.

You can just do glitter fade tips as well which is clear acrylic mixed with glitter but for the solid block colour you'd need coloured acrylic.

Hope this helps.

the above post is also a different way of doing them.
if you want to it with acrylic and you premix make sure the mix ratio is 3 parts powder to 1 part glitter.
i just prefer to do it with gel as that way it means its only thin and so can be filed of easily and therefore is easier work for you to change the design rather than having to soak off and start again if its done using acrylic as acrylic is harder to file.x

the above post is also a different way of doing them.
if you want to it with acrylic and you premix make sure the mix ratio is 3 parts powder to 1 part glitter.
i just prefer to do it with gel as that way it means its only thin and so can be filed of easily and therefore is easier work for you to change the design rather than having to soak off and start again if its done using acrylic as acrylic is harder to file.x

Oh agreed! Much harder to take off and can be quite messy, but just thought I'd share....was prob the only thing I learned at the class, was quite disappointed with it lol.

I preferred doing the glitter over gel nails myself, but with things like Shellac, the rockstar is pretty cool to play with so...

:)

How do you think this full on glitter on acrylics is created? How do you do it? Iv had a client request nails like this and have tried adding glitter to acrylic but it doesn't seem to creat the solid colour this has?

Any advice welcome!
Thankyou! :)

I can see why you like them, they are stunning.x

I prefer to press glitter into the acrylic before its hardened. One nail at a time. Then top with gel or clear acrylic.

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

I prefer to press glitter into the acrylic before its hardened. One nail at a time. Then top with gel or clear acrylic.

I've never thought of that.

Thanx for the advice guys! :) xx

I did these over Acrylic. I used Shellac & then dab the different coloured glitters in the inhibition layer then sealed with 2 layers of topcoat.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1342385229.075407.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1342385229.075407.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 269
They look lovey! I wanted to use shellac as I already do rock star but that would bring the cost up quite abit as I charge £25 for acrylic and £25 for shellac so would have to charge quite abit to get my moneys worth, although I suppose I would be using a lot less product!!

They look lovey! I wanted to use shellac as I already do rock star but that would bring the cost up quite abit as I charge £25 for acrylic and £25 for shellac so would have to charge quite abit to get my moneys worth, although I suppose I would be using a lot less product!!

I don't personally charge the full Shellac Rockstar price when added to another service, i.e. on gel or acrylic. It only takes about an extra 15 mins to do as there's no PEP & you don't need basecoat x

I wondered that, I was think of charging £10 on top- does that sound about right?

If you press glitter over the acrylic then put a gel top coat on top, would the gel coat not be lumpy and not soft? :S was just wondering! =)

I would suggest looking into the ezflow range
They have a vast range of colour kits with glitter already added to the acrylics.

I trained with them and they sell over five different colour kits depending on what design you want to achieve.

I love their kits, really amazing and versatile colour range.

Call them and find your stockist for your area .

going back to price i would just work out roughly how much glitter you would use and a little gel and your time and add that price. as said you are not doing prep and base coat so maybe half the full cost added to the extension cost xx

Thanx girls!! Think I'll charge an extra £10! There is a girl near me who charges £25 for the same kind of thing but never mind! It costs me products & skill! :)

Latest posts

Back