How long does it take u?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Lilyme

Reaction score
How Long does it take u for a full set of acrylics ?What about full tips with Biosculpture gel?For the ones who work with it?

Thank u xxx

Bagpuss

Sleepy Geek Zzzzzzzz
Reaction score
I use gel (not bio) for a full set it stakes me about 2 hrs....wether sculpting or tipping.

NNO (which i mainly do) takes 1 hr

Lilyme

Reaction score
All my full sets gel or acrylic take me about 2 hours...and i am bothered about it because someone told me the chinese places do them in an hour...but i cant think of how to cut my timing down...the nail prep is the one that takes me the most...at the moment i use OPI Clarite ...and biosculpture...

Any suggestions?

oh btw...tell me what NNO means ...i am foreign lol

gillian w

Reaction score
I use calgel which is similar and its about 2 hours extensions and 1hr plain natural nail overlay (NNO)and 1 1/2 hr french.

*Garfield*

Reaction score
L&P takes me around an hour and 15 mins for P&Ws, gel takes me around an hour for p&Ws, a nno takes me about 40 mins for p&w, it takes me slightly less time to sculpt but not much diff.:) Do you think you are taking too long??

Vetty

Lost and happy geek!
Reaction score
All my full sets gel or acrylic take me about 2 hours...and i am bothered about it because someone told me the chinese places do them in an hour...but i cant think of how to cut my timing down...the nail prep is the one that takes me the most...at the moment i use OPI Clarite ...and biosculpture...

Any suggestions?
I don't try to compete with the NSS (Non Standard Salons) - they do no real prep, just take the top layers of your nail off with an electric file, and then put on a single colour overlay and airbrush a french.....

I differentiate myself from that with a personalised service that doesn't wreck my clients nails!

oh btw...tell me what NNO means ...i am foreign lol
It stands for Natural Nail Overlay - when you put product on the nail without extending it.

hth's

Bagpuss

Sleepy Geek Zzzzzzzz
Reaction score
I don't try to compete with the NSS (Non Standard Salons) - they do no real prep, just take the top layers of your nail off with an electric file, and then put on a single colour overlay and airbrush a french.....

I differentiate myself from that with a personalised service that doesn't wreck my clients nails!

It stands for Natural Nail Overlay - when you put product on the nail without extending it.

hth's

Absolutely .. i couldn't give a hoot if they did them standing on there heads, back wards and in 2 mins....:lol: they are not my competition and therefore not my worry.

*JOANNE*

Reaction score
I am between 1hr30 to 2 hours for a full set

Purelynailz

Reaction score
It takes me about 2 hrs for a full set of acrylics and the same for gels .

Cazbar

Reaction score
Is it longer to do a full set of gels than acrylic ? I was wondering about this ie. time in the lamp etc.

talented talons

Master Artist
Reaction score
I take anything from 1 hr to 2 hours, depending on how careful my client has been and not broken any, or if they have nail art or 3D work done.

I would never compromise my prep to cut down on time. Quality is better than quantity, and my clients prefer this too.

Nicki-Marie

Reaction score
It takes me about 2 hours for a full set of gels. It sometimes takes me 2 hours for rebalance, is this taking me too long or are others similar? xx

Bagpuss

Sleepy Geek Zzzzzzzz
Reaction score
It takes me about 2 hours for a full set of gels. It sometimes takes me 2 hours for rebalance, is this taking me too long or are others similar? xx
it takes me just as long to do a re-balance as it does a new set...:irked: this is why for NNO (1 hour) and the following rebalanced i charge the same...£25...i don't do all this more £ for new sets and less £ for re-balances.

nail-chick

Reaction score
for a full set of sculptured acrylics, it takes me about 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes.
for a fill, anywhere from 45 minutes to 1 hour 15 minutes.
this usually includes designs.

kathleen
My Nails Rock!

Nicki-Marie

Reaction score
it takes me just as long to do a re-balance as it does a new set...:irked: this is why for NNO (1 hour) and the following rebalanced i charge the same...£25...i don't do all this more £ for new sets and less £ for re-balances.
Likewise, there isnt much price change between my full sets and rebalances. For the time and effort involved, clients understand this. Although i do need to adjust my full set prices slightly so all my enhancements/rebalances wether french or natural are at a set price.

Lilyme

Reaction score

hth's
lol sorry i know what natural overlay are...just that didnt know that this is the short term that u use...thank u xx

Lilyme

Reaction score
i had experiences like that aswell...if the client doesnt come for reballance in time

Lilyme

Reaction score
L&P takes me around an hour and 15 mins for P&Ws, gel takes me around an hour for p&Ws, a nno takes me about 40 mins for p&w, it takes me slightly less time to sculpt but not much diff.:) Do you think you are taking too long??
Thats what i thought ..yes...but now seeing your responses seems like maybe i shouldnt worry about it...

Latest posts