How long does it take you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It takes me 45 mins to an hour to do either natural or French. I agree when you start it doesn't matter how long it takes as long as you are doing a gods job. I have been doing nails for 8 years. My clients are happy with the time it takes me and the quality does not suffer for the speed but I have done a lot of nails. To get to this. It doesn't matter how long it takes as long as your clients are happy and you are happy with the quality x

I take 2.5hrs for mine, I know Im slow and I hope to speed up but like you, Im a newly trained tech and most people at the mo want shellac so Im not getting the practice to be able to speed up!! im a bit of a perfectionist though and take ages on prep, making sure I have NO cuticle on the nail plate....a bug bear Im afraid :D

I'm 45 min to 1hr now but been doing for over 10 years! That's for sculpted or tips (don't use white tips)💅

I qualified in September 2011 and a full set of L&P takes me between 1 hour to 1.5 hours for French or Natural, and about 2 hours for design work.

Really pleased with Infills recently, it's taking between 20 and 45 minutes! Rebalances (pink & white) taking an hour.

Xxx

I started training in sept 2011, my first full set in oct 11 took me 3 hours and were god awful!! After switching products and tips etc to better quality, my speed gradually picked up. I qualified about a month ago now, natural l+p or pink and white takes me 1 1/2 hours (i cheat and use white tips on french as a guide for my white powder). If i had to blend a tip then do white l+p it would probably take an extra 15mins to get the smile lines right!

Sent from my GT-I5500 using SalonGeek

id just like to put out there that im quicker doing my pink and whites now, since doing the reverse smile line technique. I find the lines are alot sharper too! x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I started training in sept 2011, my first full set in oct 11 took me 3 hours and were god awful!! After switching products and tips etc to better quality, my speed gradually picked up. I qualified about a month ago now, natural l+p or pink and white takes me 1 1/2 hours (i cheat and use white tips on french as a guide for my white powder). If i had to blend a tip then do white l+p it would probably take an extra 15mins to get the smile lines right!

Sent from my GT-I5500 using SalonGeek

I think is a good ideea to use the white tips as a guide for you white:D
I'm doing a conversion course with CND next week and I have high hopes in improving the quality of my work.I went to places that do sets in 30-45min (to spy obviously)and I know now why they are so quick:they drill your cuticle off and remove shine with sanding drill bit,just clip free edge and they use this super fast glue that you just touch the nail with it and it's completley stuck!primer and one big blob of acrylic on the whole nail(they don't have zones or curves ) no customer service,if you ask them something they frown on you.They also saved time with not sanitizing hands or tools,not sanitizing nail plate with scrubfresh or any other dehyrator,one person started doing my nails and another finished as they all seamed to have special tasks :irked:
This is a very popular salon in my area and it's always fully booked,they have arround 6 mani tables all forking full power
I must be crazy,but I went for infills as well :D
If I would be an oblivious client,I would go back because the nails looked nice,cheap and lasted me about 6 weeks(i was waiting to break one :lick: ).Knowing what I know at the moment,I defo wouldn't go back.....i'm not judging their way,just saying how they manage to do it so quick
I think I just wrote a novel :o

Latest posts

Back