How long does it take you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucybluebell

Reaction score
...to do a full set?
I'm just interested as it takes me at least 2 1/2 hrs. I'm hoping to get speedier as I gain more experience!
How long did it take you to do a set when you first qualified and how long does it take you now?!

I did a CND course in Aug 2011, I can do now tip and overlay in an hour and pink & whites in an hour and half x

I did a CND course in Aug 2011, I can do now tip and overlay in an hour and pink & whites in an hour and half x
Wow!!! I don't think I'll EVER be that quick :sad:

I would say when I first started about 2 1/2.... now maybe 1 1/2 after 4 years? I'm doing a set and a fill tonight I will time :p

im training todo nails at the moment and when i practice on my family it seems to be taking me an hour1/2 to 2hours and at the mo i feel i cant be any quicker im doing everything properly and not to slow.lol..i think when clients go to nail technicians and it does take long they see it as a bad thing. i personally think its due to the fact they can go into town to these salon bars where there in and out in no time.instead clients should think how well and properly a technician is working to give you what you want...im intrested if nail techs here worry the client think there taking to long??x

I do forms I forgot to say. I glue myself together with tips :p

Wow!!! I don't think I'll EVER be that quick :sad:

Hun... it takes me 1 hour 30 mins to do white tips... and up to 2 hours for natural.

Everyone is different. I like to take my time, and my clients prefers that, knowing I am making sure it's done properly. I am a typical perfectionist

Yes that's what I say to my clients, at the moment it's mainly friends and mums from school. They know I'm recently qualified, I always explain how long it will take and that I'd rather do a job that I'm happy with than rush it. Using forms def cuts the time down x

when i first started training back at the end of October think it was about 2 1/2 - 3 hours.

Now im down to an 1 1/2 hours for french or natural and just under 2 hours for design work.

As you can see everyone started with long treatment times but the more practice you get they come down its finding a routine that works for you.

But the main thing to be concerned with is the quality i'd rather wait 2.5 hours for good quality nails then 1.5 for rubbish nails so let it come naturally rather then trying to rush it.

U will notice its happened after its happened, if that makes sense. no doubt when u do realise you've done a good set of nails quick u will be panicking and racking your brain thinking you missed something out.............again thats what i did!! then i realised i'd just speeded up!! lol :D

In the old days when I got my nails fixed
I was in a salon and the nailgirls worked in a hurry. I always got cuts from files and wonky smile lines. And I paid good money for it, But I had no clue at all.
The nails were thick and a bit uncomforted to have but hey I did think I was so awesome.
Then I start studying doing nails and always got rushed “hurry, faster and coooome on! “.
But one day a lady said to me
“ do U know why I drive 2 hours to get to U and do my nails?” no I said , so she said to me “ I feel so pampered U make your time, no rush, are U not quite satisfied I know U will fix it, so I can get out of here pleased. I don’t feel like pay quick and next client in”.
after that I do take my time. And I don’t at all feel slow. I just take my time to do the best job I can do
It’s not the time taking that’s relevant it’s your nails. If the client stress U out, U can always say “ I’m just want to pamper U, taking my time don’t U too hate all the rush in everything??”

About 2.5 hours at first

Pink and whites about 1.5 hrs now but tbh I've not got my speeds down for about the last 4/5 years, its been the same

Much longer sometimes as quite a lot of my clients have become friends and we sit and have a good laugh, they always seem to make me laugh most just as I'm doing the smile line :lick:

It take me 1hour and quarter.

The more you do the fastest you will get just keep at it 😊 x

they always seem to make me laugh most just as I'm doing the smile line :lick:

Isn't that always the way!! Mine are usually laughing at me (not my nail skills lol!) so I try and get onto more serious subjects when I know I'm about to start on the smiles hehe xx

Never forget when I went to get my nails done in one of those Vietnamese shops(many moons ago before I discovered quality nail techs) and I was out in 45 minutes flat!!!
Shock horror I know

How's that for a full set???
Lol

Never forget when I went to get my nails done in one of those Vietnamese shops(many moons ago before I discovered quality nail techs) and I was out in 45 minutes flat!!!
Shock horror I know

Lol
Lol I think there comes a point when it's too fast to be a quality service!:eek:

1h and half to 2 hours!I'm doing nails since December,but on and off.I can't wait to get them right quality +speed :o
I would say it's ok to take so long as long as they are well done,but mine at the moment are lacking....
Good luck to you(and me)
xxxxx

1h and half to 2 hours!I'm doing nails since December,but on and off.I can't wait to get them right quality +speed :o
I would say it's ok to take so long as long as they are well done,but mine at the moment are lacking....
Good luck to you(and me)
xxxxx
We'll get there :hug:

Shock horror I know

Lol

A local NSS shop where I live does them in 45mins.... The over filing, thin, sore, red, damaged nails is free I believe.

To any newbies though, FORGET the speed, just concentrate on the end result. This is what you will be judged by, remembered for and what will bring you repeat and recommended business.

The speed will come naturally (but gradually) - without corner cutting

Don't get caught up in a clock-watch :wink2:

Latest posts

Back