How long in advance would you tan (organics rapid)?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pamper&Polish

Reaction score
I'm doing tans for a wedding soon...they all had tans for the hen weekend away and had the organics which they loved and requested for the wedding....I originally had them booked in on the fri the wedding being on the sunday but now they want it for Sat morning...especially as the bride wants to get a bit of wear from it on honeymoon.

Would you say it should be ok sat morning?? xx

I always recommend clients have their tan just the night before they want it however im a little confused as to why you are using the rapid tan instead or just normal organics for these clients?

I always recommend clients have their tan just the night before they want it however im a little confused as to why you are using the rapid tan instead or just normal organics for these clients?

I don't offer organics regular.....and when I was doing their tans for hen night I only had rapid in stock so I used that and they requested that they have that again as they have had numerous tans in the past and loved everything about the rapid

The thing with a rapid tan is that it does not last as long as a tan that normal solution would give does so the bride would be better off with a normal solution so that it lasts longer through her honeymoon.

It would be fine to tan on the Sat morning for the Sunday morning with the rapid tan but as I said above I would recomend they use a normal solution to get the best wear out of the tans.

Rapid tan solution is generally used by those who are in a rush or hate keeping the solution on.

The thing with a rapid tan is that it does not last as long as a tan that normal solution would give does so the bride would be better off with a normal solution so that it lasts longer through her honeymoon.

It would be fine to tan on the Sat morning for the Sunday morning with the rapid tan but as I said above I would recomend they use a normal solution to get the best wear out of the tans.

Rapid tan solution is generally used by those who are in a rush or hate keeping the solution on.

I haven't as yet settled on a solution as I was using sienna but not all that happy, got some samples to try x

I haven't as yet settled on a solution as I was using sienna but not all that happy, got some samples to try x

Then I would say hurry up and choose one as you risk loosing customers because of it.

The best for you clients would be a normal solution that they will see the results at wash off point 8-12 hours (so they know what their colour is to apply make up etc - instead of the colour continuing to develop after they have got ready for the wedding) and so that it lasts as long as possible too. Rapid tan has it's place but in my opinion it's not suitable for everyone's situations and you should offer the best choice you can to your clients.

Then I would say hurry up and choose one as you risk loosing customers because of it.

The best for you clients would be a normal solution that they will see the results at wash off point 8-12 hours (so they know what their colour is to apply make up etc - instead of the colour continuing to develop after they have got ready for the wedding) and so that it lasts as long as possible too. Rapid tan has it's place but in my opinion it's not suitable for everyone's situations and you should offer the best choice you can to your clients.

When I was offering sienna my tanning business was really slow and I wore it on myself and didn't get on with it and didn't have much confidence in the solution but since offering the rapid I am getting tons of repeat business and happy clients....BUT the rapid solution (I KNOW IT IS FAB) but it's so expensive compared to standard solution...that I am DESPERATE to find one I like!

The only prob is the ladies LOVED the warm dry sensation from the organics and loved only having it on 4 hours eek lol x

i agree you really need to chhose a solution and stop spraying everyone in rapid especialy when its not required- why dont you just buy organics normal solution and then match their skin tone tgo the percentage then at least you are usingthe same product

If that's the case stick with the rapid if both you and your clients like it you can spray them on the Sat morning and they can shower later sat and the sunday morning before the wedding and they should be fine.

If that's the case stick with the rapid if both you and your clients like it you can spray them on the Sat morning and they can shower later sat and the sunday morning before the wedding and they should be fine.

Thankyou cazjp69 I was very unsure about changing for this particular client as she has trialled the rapid and knows exactly what she is getting. I DEFO want to find a standard solution that I love...but these ladies WANT the rapid and are HAPPY with that and to me thats the main thing! x

Thankyou cazjp69 I was very unsure about changing for this particular client as she has trialled the rapid and knows exactly what she is getting. I DEFO want to find a standard solution that I love...but these ladies WANT the rapid and are HAPPY with that and to me thats the main thing! x

Well if they are happy and want that solution you could ask them at what time their last tan stoped deepening and they felt they reached their full colour.

From there you would know how long the tan took to fully develop - you will then know if they can tan on Sat morning or need to tan on Fri.

The advice is that it takes a full 24 hours after a rapid tan is sprayed for the full colour and depth of tan to be reached.

For a wedding I would want them sprayed with normal solution at least 36 hours beforehand so any mistakes/patches etc.. can be rectified in time for the wedding if left any later than that there would be no time to correct anything and a wedding is such an important event. (Not saying patches/mistakes etc.. would be therapists fault, just that mistakes can happen by clients and the'y still want it fixed in time for a wedding).

You know your clients and will have to decide for yourself how your going to proceed.

I've found that the Organics lasts the longest of all my tans! Again, everyone is different?

You have happy customers which means repeat business!!!!!!!

How much are you charging for your tans???

Last edited by a moderator:

Me and my clients find that rapid tans last longer than traditional 8 hour tans.

Rapid tans that are just a high DHA don't last as long as regular tans, but proper ones last longer as they actually penetrate the skin faster so get to the normal layers much faster, High DHA tans washed off early only penetrate part of the way throught the skin layers and therefore don't last as long.

But yes I'm sure the saturday morning will be absolutely fine for tanning her for the sunday :) xxx

I can't say as I have noticed a massive difference in the length of wear from rapid to standard and also on a plus one lady from the wedding has booked one the week before the wedding and for the wedding as she knows they fade lovely and can have it all off ready for her next tan lol x

sounds like a fab result :) xx

Latest posts

Back