How long should this client keep trying laser treatment?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruby S

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a client that I have been waxing for a couple of years, but she has got a bit fed up with the hair on her upper lip and chin and has decided to try IPL hair removal instead. I don't do this, but she has asked for advice as to how long it should take to see a difference in the hair growth… Basically she is quite fair skinned and she has about 6 strong, dark hairs on the corners of her lip and about 4 on her chin. They are really tough hairs. She has had about 4 treatments on these hairs plus the trial/skin test. She admits that she messed up a bit, because she went on holiday and when she went for her treatment on her return, the therapist couldn't treat her because she had a sun tan and had been exposed to too much sun. She then waited a few weeks and started again, but is seeing no difference whatsoever and is started to think that it is better to spend £7 on a lip wax rather than £40 a time on laser. I don't think for a minute that it is anything that the therapist is doing wrong, and have told her to go and have a follow up consultation to see what her opinion is, but I think she's lost faith a bit. She wanted me to ask other therapists how much of a difference you would've expected to have seen by now, if any.
Thanks.

Honestly, it's not enough concentration of hairs. Ipl is best when there is a lot of hair. I think she is best doing electrolysis in this case. As an ipl technician/Aesthetician, I would never take someone for that little amount of hair.

Honestly, it's not enough concentration of hairs. Ipl is best when there is a lot of hair. I think she is best doing electrolysis in this case. As an ipl technician/Aesthetician, I would never take someone for that little amount of hair.
Thanks for your reply. I did wonder if this was the case. Ok thats good to know, I will let her know and advise talking to the therapist again. Thanks.

My god, you were up early!!!

Sounds like your client would be a good candidate for a few blend electrolysis sessions.
Wouldn't cost her much either.

Latest posts

Back