How long to leave toner on?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ooooh I love all this! Kirsty (Vivaglam) and I are about to do the Sexy Science course with Wella. Cam you should join us. And Adamlea!

Wish i could haven't even done mcp yet[emoji22]

Did you know its actually white but the keratin in the hair affects the end result?

Cause the melanins actually gone but the keratins still there!

Yup, I wasn't taught using that specific language. We used to call it "protien yellow".

That's why when you put bleach on white hair you get a yellow tone. The melanocyte is no longer being injected into the keratinocyte hence the effect of no colour yet keratin is yellow. Cannot believe I just remembered that!

That's why when you put bleach on white hair you get a yellow tone. The melanocyte is no longer being injected into the keratinocyte hence the effect of no colour yet keratin is yellow. Cannot believe I just remembered that!

Yass! You go Sugarplumfaery

Yup, I wasn't taught using that specific language. We used to call it "protien yellow".

Protein yellow[emoji23] think i'd rather call it keratin haha

So if there are say level 10/0 pieces which are creamy and pieces that are a 8/34 copper (im trying to convert to wella lol) what would i tone with its impossible to seperate and i dont want the blonde pieces to 8/81 but wont i have to tone a 8 to get the copper out?

Sent from my SM-G900I using SalonGeek mobile app
Ideally you really are going to have to separate them as much as possible, otherwise your going to get a grey ish tone on your blonde, could you foil out as much blonde as possible in conditioner and the tone in between? In future in this circumstance, it may be best to rinse between your foils and try to shampoo them really carefully without disturbing your foils too much and tone each section while your lightner is still in foils, it is very hard to do tho so that's why I suggested using the right colour in the first place to eliminate all unwanted tones in one go

I think that hair only looks yellow after bleaching due to the oxidation of the keratin. Like if you left a sheet of paper in the sun.

Ooooh I love all this! Kirsty (Vivaglam) and I are about to do the Sexy Science course with Wella. Cam you should join us. And Adamlea!

Science is so sexy. I get all hot and bothered thinking about it haha

Paha the more complex the better the simple stuff really evades me haha

Latest posts

Back