How many of you offer both L&P and Gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bellabeautie

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I offer both L&P and Gel to my clients. I am almost finished my training, so I am still unsure which method I like best! I do like L&P and would prefer to offer this over Gel (I have no idea why!lol) But then I find my finished result with Gel is really nice (not that my L&P isnt!lol) and the smile lines are definately nicer (I just think I need to per-fect my L&P - bead control and placement) Anyway, for those of you who offer both....if a client comes into you, having no knowledge of either and asks you what you think they should have, what do you say? I have no idea! I asked at college, and the tutor said to say which one you prefer doing and just do that. But I dont know which one I prefer! And if I was to keep recommending one and doing that all the time, then the training in the other was a waste of time! And I would like to be able to do the two of them. Or do you tend to stick to one method most times?

Hi
I offer both services. my client like gel toes or natural overlay gels. hth x

If I have a client that asks me which I think they should have, I tend to ask them questions about their lifestyle and take it from there. Because Gel is a little softer than acrylic, depending on how rough they are with their hands you might have problems with Gel nails breaking. That's my opinion and that's how I base judgment on which nails they client should have if they are unsure. And in doing so, you are not leaning more to one system and finding you wasted your money (and time) learning the other system.

Hi Melissa, that was a good reply thanks. I do try and ask questions like this at college...like whats the difference between L&P and Gel, the reply was "oh they are basically the same" which is obviously no good to me as I am finding it difficult to explain to my clients! So for somebody who didnt use their hands much (I mean as in, they dont do a job which could involve breaking lots of nails, or they do lots of gardening etc...) you would recommend Gel? Also, a couple of hairdressers want their nails done....do you think, with their nails being in water all the time etc, that Gel would be better? I know they have to look after them too, and I will tell them that they really should wear gloves! Do you know if there is an article on this anywhere? Thanks xx

I do both, but most time I use gel, I guess 60% of my clients get Gel.
Like roseblanc I ask them questions about their lifestyle ( work / hobbies / gardening ) first. Then I look at the natural nails and decide what I will use.

P/L is harder and Gel is softer , so if you have thin and soft nails, i would chose Gel. But for people who are using their hands much, have hard and splitting nails or people who are often breaking their nails I recommend P/L.My hairdressers got both and it was all okay, the only problem they got is french white because they don't wear gloves when they washed out the haircolor. And black haircolor made the nails very yellow. So make sure to do a colorful french or get them to use a topcoat which they can remove if it's yellow.

I hope my English is understandable :wink2:

Hiya,

I offer both L&P and Gel and i recommend to the client with is best for her nails and for her lifestyle etc.
Both systems are great, each having their benefits for different nail types.
L&P is stronger and harder and usually suitable for most nail types. Gel is softer and works brilliantly on nails that already have a fair bit of strength and just need a helping hand. For example, i wouldn't use gel on a nail biter.

Hope this helps

x

I offer both and as stated, it depends on the client. If a client has soft, flexible nails, i do L&P. If a client has normal to very strong or brittle nails, I do gel. L&P provides rigidty and strength and gel provides flexibility. But there are also client that just don't do well with L&P, so I try gel and they do great (and vice versa). There will always be exceptions to the rules. Also, if a client wears french regularly, I tend to do gel for clarity and shine. But you can also do L&P with a gel topcoat if they need the strength, but want the shine. It all sounds confusing, but as you start working with multiple clients and seeing what works and what doesn't, it'll make sense.

I offer both as well. I make the decision by texture of the natural Nail and what i think I could get the best result out of it.
In example on a Nail biter u like to use P/L because I can pinch the Nail and the End result looks smaller because of it.
But most of the time my clients ask for Gel. In my Area are still a lot of rumors about P/L thats why the people prefer UV-Gel. But my clients trust me and my opinion whats better for them.

I offer both services, mainly use gel on toes

I do acrylic and gel (as well as fiberglass). I let my clients know what I have to offer, explain the differences and let them decide with my guidance. Majority of my clients want acrylic. They believe it is stronger and will last longer than gel (& they are rough with their nails)... and most are too scared of fiberglass to have it done. I do find that certain shaped nails look better with acrylic application than gel.

Hi,

I offer both L+P and Gel services...Most clients go for L+P, but love the look of the gel, so I will put a gel coat ontop.

hth x x

Latest posts

Back