How many of you still offer a polish manicure ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i still do lots of pedicures with normal polish, alot of my clients seem to have gel or shellac fingers and normal polish on toes and then others who cant wear polish for work have gel toes and polish for the weekend on their fingers!! i will still stock polish but am not adding to my colours . I think if you dont offer you could be losing business for the few that want polish.....also once you have a client that has polish you can be converting them to the benefits of gel/shellac etc....some people are wary of gel as they do not know what it is etc...its up to us to teach them!

i think you are better to offer a full service menu.

i hate to turn anyone away because i don't offer a service they want.

Most polish will sit happily on your shelf and not thicken so i don't see why you wouldn't have a selection available if and when someone wants it.

as for exfoliants/ hand & foot lotion - just carry a small retail size if you are concerned you won't use it up in time.

I think its great to offer an extensive service menu, but for ME, the work of keeping (and carrying as i'm mobile) stock that wasn't used, is just a waste.

You wouldn't find many shops stocking a dress that only sold once every 6 months.... and polish is that unwanted dress with my clients :D

But if you already have a large polish selection and its sitting on a shelf waiting to be used, then it wouldn't help to take it off your menu. xxx

I offer shellac and polish manis and pedis. I do the odd polish manicure as i usually convert them to a shellac but my older ladies 70+ still like their polish manis. However i do a fair amount of polish pedis (despite trying to upsell to a shellac pedi) so build my range nicely. I also offer kids parties so use my polishes there.

I'd say keep on your menu as i wouldnt want to turn custom away personally.

Hth x x x

I still offer polish manicure if it was down to me I wouldn't but I do still get the odd client asking for them and I do not want to say I can't do it I myself really grudge buying new polishes so kinda stopped but still got a good selection I also find polish clients often bring there own polishes.

Polishes to me feel pointless I'd much rather do shellac for many reasons and 9 times out of 10 my clients go fur shellac.

I have 2 ladies that come to me every 6 weeks for a luxury pedi with not al polish. The reason they ask for regular polish is do they can change it it tip it up in between. Cash is short for them so they can't afford to come in every 2 weeks. I also have a 16 year old who had a regular mani every 3 weeks but likes to change her polish every week for college so again this works for her. I wouldn't take them off my menu as u would most likely lose 3 regulars plus the one or two off chance clients I get a month.

I think it depends in your clients and business, can u afford to lose that extra money?

That's should say normal polish 😊

I dont know what I would do without my selection of nail polishes, I often get manicure or pedicure bookings which are just regular polish services.. also for weddings and those all important kids parties.

If you dont stock it, you would maybe have to turn clients away in future :O

I have come across many who do not like gel polish for one reason or another so to have a selection of regular polishes is a must for me.

I still do quite a lot of file and polish manicures and normal pedicures. I think this is down to a LOT of people thinking that Shellac/gel is "wrecking" their nails!
I know it isn't but I can't change the way the therapists in my area are doing their job. Very annoying! Although I actually love using normal polish! X

I agree with some of the comments...it really depends on the type of clients you cater for and their requests. I still offer a selection of mani, pedi services with standard varnishes as well as gel polishes. I have clients who change their nail colour as often as they change their outfits therefore longevity of the polish isn't their main concern. Also gel services tend to be priced above a standard polish so it wouldn't make financial sense for them when they're having a re-polish once or twice a week.

I trained in massage but it's not my most favourite treatment to carry out because of this it's not on my service menu however if a client asks if I do massage and requests a treatment I will do it......I don't think that's wrong.

My pedicures are still 80% traditional polish. I might have three clients that still get traditional polish on their nails, but the toes are still very popular. But I will say, that most who do Shellac on their toes never go back to traditional (I know I didn't) mainly because the finish stays so pretty for so long! Also, the design possibilities (for me anyway) are so endless with Shellac that my artistic girls dont like the limits of traditional polish.

All of that to say this... yes I still offer traditional polish and probably wont stop for a long time.:D

I have recently re designed my leaflets and made the decision to take normal polish off the menu! I'm mobile and have not had a request for polish in a long time. If I have I usually manage to upgrade them to shellac. The way I see it, is that I work for myself and one of the perks of that is getting to choose exactly what I do and don't do. To me it wasn't worth using the same amount of time and getting half the money and on something I hate doing (with a passion!).
I don't like turning any custom away but so far I haven't had to and don't think It will be a regular occurrence anyway X

Some of my clients loves their normal polish. Infact I am doing a manicure with normal polish this morning!

I started working in May of this year and have done nothing but Shellac on family, friends and neigbours. Everyone LOVES it so I haven't even bought any regular polishes yet.

I recently started advertising and have my very first 'real' client booked for Wednesday :)Scared: yikes!) 2 ladies wanting Lux pedi and...varnish. I was actually dissapointed so offered them a great Shellac deal but she replied she'd tried it before and found it so difficult to remove that she didn't like it! (sigh)

Hopefully I can convince them to see the Shellac light :biggrin: but will obviously oblige with polish if that's what some people want.

I still offer it, don't particularly enjoy regular mani but its still an option for clients x

I had a lady i did today with polish. Her daughter originally booked me as a birthday present but i see her every 3 weeks now. I went back this morning and no lie three weeks of wearing cnd desert suede with lumos base and top coat and not a chip in sight! Just regrowth. This time we used rose bisque and she rebooked and gave me a £5 tip. Really quite love using polish and especially with results like that!

Latest posts

Back