How many sp lash extensions per eye

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brownt62

Reaction score
Hi
How many lashes do you apply for a full set? I am offering 3 types...half set (25+ lashes) full set (50+ lashes) and (this is new) very full set (80+ lashes) I usually add on about 10-15 lashes (per eye)....the full set is the most popular but to me it does not look that full....do you count the lashes as you are putting them on? Or how do you know when you are done? I use mainly c curl 0.15 and 0.20..Any tips would be much appreciated thanks xxx

I use around 120 per set, I roughly count them when taking off my strip. You know when your done when you can fit anymore on. Xx

I use around 120 per set, I roughly count them when taking off my strip. You know when your done when you can fit anymore on. Xx

Do you mean 60 lashes per eye? Thanks

I never count.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Thanks if you do not count how do you differentiate between the different styles ie full and very full etc or do you just have one style? When I started practicing, after training, I got into the habit of counting lashes ( to make sure i was putting in enough) and now I feel I'm stuck in a little but of a rut....

I used to count but now I'm confident in them I don't need to. I know I'm done when I can't fit anymore in.
I don't do different amounts as I think if you want to change the style, you change the lash! Eg length, curl, colour, size..
If you don't fully fill the set to achieve a different look it can make them look sparse/patchy and not so natural in my opinion.
A full set in theory should have anywhere between 40 and 90 lashes per eye, but that amount is dependent on the person eye shape/size and how many lashes they have already. I reckon I use roughly 60-75 per eye.

Good luck :) xx

Thanks if you do not count how do you differentiate between the different styles ie full and very full etc or do you just have one style? When I started practicing, after training, I got into the habit of counting lashes ( to make sure i was putting in enough) and now I feel I'm stuck in a little but of a rut....

I always do a full set. I never get requested for anything different. I have different sets on offer but no one ever asks for anything different :o normally it is a full strip that i use for a full set, once the lady had so many lashes that i used 2.5 strips but i wouldnt punish a person with a double price (im not that cheap in any case)

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

I have never counted either - I think I would lose count!!! I always go from eye to eye anyway and often talk to the client (as long as they can reply without moving their eyes!!) so I think it would be pretty hard to count??

I just use my judgement as to when to stop - it's normally when I can find a lash to put an extension on ;)

If I do a half set (only once been asked for this) then again I just use my judgement, and I prob gave her more of a 3/4 look anyway as knew she wanted the full look, it was just the full money she didn't want to part with.

Same for me... I use loose lashes so I wouldnt have the faintest clue how many I use. As well as this I lash as many as I can see... some ladies have far less lashes than others so I wouldnt consider it fair to those if I went by the 'how many' basis. I just lash a full set, the style can change, but otherwise I keep going till I think I have done as many as I can

I never count how many lashes I just know what a full set looks like. I have 3 different ones on my treatment menu half set - never get asked for
Full set most popular
Glamour set

My full sets are full so if someone asks for a glam set I offer a full set and then ask if they would like anymore in as the glam set in my opinion is far too glam for everyday for most clients

Now this might sound daft but I had a problem with the strips at the start finding it hard to get them off the pack and also pulling one lash at a time...so I was pulling them off and putting onto double sided sticky tape on back of hand using for example two of each size ie 10, 12, 14, 10 and 8mm and that's how I was counting....It is also time consuming....thanks so much for all the replies...I have a client coming in shortly so going to try using the strips again, cut down on time and stop counting! I'm a little embarrassed tbh😳

I do three different size sets, and it is up to the client and their pocketbook to decide which they would like. I have women of all ages and they appreciate different styles. I have young gals who have more money than I ever did at their age who want to have the most dramatic set they can have. For those gals, they ask for my dramatic set of 130 lashes per eye. Then there are the women who want a fuller look, and I do 100 lashes per eye on them. Then I have lots of older women who don't want everyone really seeing that what they are wearing is a set of extensions, so I sell them a natural set of 70 per eye. Our lashes are placed in strips, and not that difficult to count out. I place a piece of two sided clear tape on a small mirror, and count them out in rows of ten. If I am designing a flirty look with three sizes, I just lay them out in the order I am going to attach them. If you count them in rows of ten, even if you lose count it is not hard to figure out where you are at. I keep a client card on each woman, and write exactly what I put on her. The feedback I get is quit positive. Clients like knowing they are getting exactly the same number of lashes every time. They tend to become 'lash blind' and many of them ask for reassurance that I have put the right number on them, cause they feel like they don't have as many. I would never lash by time, as some days are faster for me than others. Now that I have rambled on, have a great day. Hope this is a help to you. :D

Last edited:
Thank you for great advice😊 just wondering anyone know how many lashes roughly on a strip?

The best way to count how many lashes you have put on a client is, at the end, quickly just count them in 2s, takes a few seconds to count and you will know approximately how many you apply.

I have 3 sets

Half set, hardly ever asked for
Full Set - approx 80 lashes per eye
Full On Set - 100+ lashes per eye

I think its quite important for the client to have an option, I have so many different types of clients that it would be unfair to charge the same price for a client with sparse lashes as a client who has a gorgeous abundance of lashes.

The other option is to lash by time, I know that my full sets take me an hour, thats 80 lashes per eye and my full on sets take me approx 1 hour 20/30 mins.

Ofcourse there is also the .10 lash set which takes double the time as you are adding 2 lashes per eye and would have approx 200+ lashes per eye!!

Dont count via the strip, just take a few moments at the end of the set to count them quickly, if you dont have enough pop on a few more xx

Thank you for great advice😊 just wondering anyone know how many lashes roughly on a strip?

That would depend on the thickness of the lash.
If a strip is 5 cm it is 50 mm. 50 mm divided by .15mm = approximately 333 lashes.

I offer a few different sets and it is based on the amount of lashes as more lashes = more time. My prices are are all based around my hourly rate.

I sometimes do a quick count at the end when I am going through the lashes to make sure there are no stickes. If they are isolated well it is easy to count.

What I used to do when I first started was count in 5s. The way I lash is that I apply 3 lashes (outer eye, middle of eye, inner eye) I then put a lash inbetween these 3 and that makes 5. I would put a tiny dot of glue on the gel pad each time I had placed 5 lashes. I then just counted the dots at the end.

I offer a few different sets and it is based on the amount of lashes as more lashes = more time. My prices are are all based around my hourly rate.

I sometimes do a quick count at the end when I am going through the lashes to make sure there are no stickes. If they are isolated well it is easy to count.

What I used to do when I first started was count in 5s. The way I lash is that I apply 3 lashes (outer eye, middle of eye, inner eye) I then put a lash inbetween these 3 and that makes 5. I would put a tiny dot of glue on the gel pad each time I had placed 5 lashes. I then just counted the dots at the end.

Very very clover 😉 thank you x

Latest posts

Back