How many treatments do you get out of each Product??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moby

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Really need help in sorting out how much use I would get out of products etc, I'm going into beauty & massage soon and need to sort my costs asap before my lender gives me any money! But I just realised that I don't even know how many sets I would get out of my nail stuff!

Please help! Just estimates are fine, I know everyones different on their quantities of use, but just average out as best you can!

So with Nails how many Full Sets of Natural do you get with the quantity below?? I just can't figure it out, I've always used the small pink powder colours and have only just bought a larger one and it just looks like it would go on forever! I know tips need refill packs, but mainly how many would you get with just the l&p??

4oz retention
3.7oz perfect colour pink
360 tray of tips

Massage
I will be training for my massage hopefully in September & when I enrolled, the tutor wasn't there so no one could help me.
How many massages would you get with a 500ml bottle of massage oil?
How much / When would you use the smaller aromatherapy ones?

Facials & Waxing
Same as above.
I don't know what the bottle sizes are for facial products, I guess everything's different, but any help on sizes & quantities of use again would be great.
For waxing, just how many from each pot and how many strips.

Also, with facials, once the course is finished, how do I go about getting involved with the right company?? I've always found that they ask for a start up cost of £1000+ which I just can't afford! Are there any well known companies anyone can recommend??

Any help appreciated!!

Moby

Blimey, that's a tough question, a bit like how long is a piece of string!

It will all depend on how much product you use, one persons 'dollop' can vary quite a lot from another persons 'dollop', it also depends which brands you are using.

I think once you have completed your training you will have a far better idea of this for yourself, with the brands you have chosen and your own experience.

Newbies tend to have a higher wastage cost than those who have been doing it longer. For example with nails, when newly qualified, you're more likely to discard a bead because it's the wrong consistence, too large, too small etc.....thats wastage, but still needs to be counted in the numbers you are looking for.

I guess this is a very difficult one to measure! Good luck :hug:

For facial and waxing products it's going to depend on the brand. During training you should be told how much you need to use.

If you contact the companies they should have the service costs for you.

as long as you dont over use the following (ie your application is spot on and not heavy)

4oz retention - 3mls full set = 39 full sets from one bottle - 2mls rebals = 59 rebals from one bottle

3.7oz perfect colour pink 1/2 - 3/4 of a teaspoon per set (full/Rebal)
360 tray of tips - Sorry dont use tips but I get 50 sets out of a roll of forms 30c a set lol... yep I have worked all that out and tracked how much I use.. I like to be well prepared and know I have enough stock on hand lol

Oooohhh, thanks for the help! Yes I know it is really hard because everyone's different; I remember I used to use loads of liquid when I was new, and I'm shocked even now by the difference in the amount.

I tried so hard last night trying to figure out how much I get from my nail stuff but kept over or under estimating! I've decided to put a mark in my diary every time I open a new liquid or powder now, at least I'll have a def pattern in 6 months!

Luckily enough, I have a lady coming over later who has done the beauty course at the college I want to go to, so maybe she'll have some answers to what they exactly teach.

Thanks again for the help, but after racking my brains last night, i'm going around it by simply saying "I have enough stock for X months" etc

Just easier!

I think the tip question is pretty impossible to answer. You'll find you use more of some sizes than others, so will have to replace with single sizes. Also, if you have breakages, that will add up too.

Sorry, that was a bit of a useless answer!:green:

Also, with facials, once the course is finished, how do I go about getting involved with the right company?? I've always found that they ask for a start up cost of £1000+ which I just can't afford! Are there any well known companies anyone can recommend??

Any help appreciated!!

Moby
You have to do lots of research.
First you need to decide on what you want in a facial range, price, marketing help, teatments, training, products, ethos etc.
Get in information & samples for lots of different brands, then follow up on the ones you like.

Companies vary in their opening order requirments, some have lower amounts, some higher & some have no minimum order.

When I did my opening order it was about $4000 AU. I paid 1/3 up front & had 2 months to pay the rest.

Latest posts

Back