How much busier did Shellac make your business?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
Since I have introduced Shellac, I have looked back over the last 6 weeks and see that I have an average of 4 more appointments every week, which of course I am thrilled with, especially as I only started advertising in January and leaflet dropping (500) over the last 3 weeks.

Long may it continue . . . . and I have another 1500 leaflets to circulate so fingers crossed!

How much busier did the introduction of Shellac make your business? I've not been doing it long enough to make a judgment really yet, but it would be interesting to hear what others have found.

I've been offering Shellac since January and unfortunately have only done 6 clients :(
I hope it will pick up in the summer though, especially toes! I'll be banging on about it :lick: xxx

I've literally bought it this week and I got 2 shellac badges so I'm hoping all my clients will be like yeahhh! when I see them (even though I sent them an email but who knows if they actually read them!) x

It's amazing. I do shellac all day every day now. I'm self employed and have been for exactly a year and I'm pretty much fully booked every week since having shellac. Most days I have a cancellation list as well. We offer all 36 colours and the clients are looooooving it!! Will they ever bring anything out that can top shellac????? Xx

Ive been doing shellac for nearly a year now and I must say I think it was the turning point for my business. I gained a lot of new clients and it then got them trying my other services.

It could be a coinsidence but that is when I started to get recommendations.

I rarely go a day without doing shellac now.. I love love love it and so do my clients :)

Shellac has saved my business, well actually CND has saved my business. I love shellac so much. I love it that much that I refused to look on salon geek until I got the new colours because I couldn't get to excel! I have one Saturday every 3 weeks that we call shellac Saturday. I do shellac from 9-3 non stop. It took some convincing at first for people to try but once they tried it they fell in love! X

It's amazing. I do shellac all day every day now. I'm self employed and have been for exactly a year and I'm pretty much fully booked every week since having shellac. Most days I have a cancellation list as well. We offer all 36 colours and the clients are looooooving it!! Will they ever bring anything out that can top shellac????? Xx

So pleased to hear all these good reports! ndee are you in a salon or self-employed?

I'm loving Shellac...i didn't do many manicures before, though pedicures have always been popular and i'm doing quite a few Shellac mani's now.

I'm not absolutely manic with it, but am steadily busy. I've been offering it since November and agree that with the Summer coming, it's going to really take off.

I especially love it for my own nails and really enjoy playing with them and using them to show off what i can do xx

How long does it take you guys to do a full set???

It depends on the condition of the nails for me but on average I would say 40-45minutes for shellac manicure x

i'm using shellac since it was launched nearly 2 years ago and it is FLYING. we do heaps of it. i have all the colours. pimp it up with glitters and layer it. i think it is just so versatile. i have tried geleration and maniq which i know are a gel polish as opposed to a power polish. but imo they are not as good. shellac is da bomb!!

Iv been doing shellac since jan, I sent out a txt to say I'm now offering this treatment, had 15 booked in the first week, with 80% rebooking.
No other treatment has been as successful!

Hi all,

Hope you don't mind me jumping in the thread... loving the reviews.. can i just ask all you shellac lovers....

When new colours come out, do you only get a couple ??? or all of them ?

Im new to this business and have a decent range of shellac but i need to pay my business off really with the money i make....but how hard is it when products come out ?!?

I want to buy them all ha ha !

What do you recommend ? just put a few on the credit card or be sensible and buy them at one at a time ? booooooo

Thanks

Linz xxx

Yep have doubled my business since October. If I pushed harder I know I could get more. It's helped me find a different demographic of clients since I now work from home and not a high end salon. I'm doing less and less extension work, but I can live with that as it actually fits in with my situation of having a family of three boys. Offering a treatment that has a more flexible timescale suits us all. CND say they want to make us rich, I have to say I'm not rich but I'm certainly a lot more better off. :0)

Hi

Im training in L&P and mani/pedi at the moment once Im qualified would I need to do the whole CND education or would experience with L&P mani/pedi mean I could jump afew steps?

I hope that doesnt look like Im trying to miss anything as I want to do this right but I also want to learn it!! lol x

It takes me 30 minutes to do a shellac and i give myself an extra 15 minutes for rockstars and nail art, sometimes i'll book out an entire hour if the nail art seems a bit more intricate.

Lindsey, yes i have all the colours, lol. It isn't the largest range of colours at the moment and i've noticed that a few people when booking have asked how many colours i have and are pleased to book once they hear i have them all xx

Oh no! This means I need more colours...and clearly sleep. Do not let me spend more girls, pleeeaaseee!! (ok, you're the only ones who are allowed to)

I have 23 colours at the moment. Going to buy rubble + hot pop pink with my next order of bits I need I think :) x

I started doing Shellac way back when it was first released. No one had heard of it then, but once clients started seeing it on my nails I very quickly went from doing 1 or 2 buff and polishes per week to being booked out all week with Shellac clients who then continued to rebook and tell their friends.

The only problem I have with Shellac. I can only do one client at a time!!

If only I had an extra pair of hands! LOL

Oh no! This means I need more colours...and clearly sleep. Do not let me spend more girls, pleeeaaseee!! (ok, you're the only ones who are allowed to)

I have 23 colours at the moment. Going to buy rubble + hot pop pink with my next order of bits I need I think :) x
Just think you can layer them so that gives you countless colours!

Latest posts

Back