How much did you spend on your kid for Christmas?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eerr I've not been on holiday since I got married..and I have been divorced 11 years lol

She has 9 kids and doesnt work. Her three youngest are getting ipads for xmas! What 3year old needs an ipad? And why would 6 people in one household need ipads? And why is it that the majority of my Facebook freinds boasting about spending loads are the ones who claim benifits?
Does that not annoy you in the slightest??

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

We'll have 5 iPads, 2 iPhones, and 2 ipod touches as if Xmas day.

There's 5 of us. Me, hubby and 3 kids, 9, 7 and 4

Why would we not want one each? Do you know how annoying it is when your children use all of your coins on tens run? Or delete an app because you forgot to put the restrictions back on lol honestly I don't see it as a problem at all.

The 2 oldest had second hand iPod's for their birthdays last year.

I never feel guilty about buying my kids things. If I can afford it, I will buy it for them. Something's are over prices for what they are but if they want it and ask for it and I can afford it then they can have it.

Mums are made to feel guilty every day, I have now decided to say f*^% it to all the rubbish people say. Judge me if you want, I certainly won't waste any of my time justifying myself or trying to get back at anyone.

Birthdays cost a fortune a party we budget £100 plus £100 in gifts and maybe a day out - we love birthdays :)

Last edited:
We'll have 5 iPads, 2 iPhones, and 2 ipod touches as if Xmas day.

There's 5 of us. Me, hubby and 3 kids, 9, 7 and 4

Why would we not want one each? Do you know how annoying it is when your children use all of your coins on tens run? Or delete an app because you forgot to put the restrictions back on lol honestly I don't see it as a problem at all.

The 2 oldest had second hand iPod's for their birthdays last year.

I never feel guilty about buying my kids things. If I can afford it, I will buy it for them. Something's are over prices for what they are but if they want it and ask for it and I can afford it then they can have it.

Mums are made to feel guilty every day, I have now decided to say f*^% it to all the rubbish people say. Judge me if you want, I certainly won't waste any of my time justifying myself or trying to get back at anyone.

Birthdays cost a fortune a party we budget £100 plus £100 in gifts and maybe a day out - we love birthdays :)

Do they get whatever they want WHENEVER they want or just at Xmas?

It's not what we spend, it's what we are spending it on which worries me! We are turning into Androids, zombies, unable to interact on a basic social level. I am a teacher and fully understand how important ICT is in schools but it is scientifically proven that using tablets etc. in infancy stops parts of the brain developing. I loved board games at xmas; monopoly, cluedo, twister etc. bring back retro Christmas I say ! 🎄😄👍

It's not what we spend, it's what we are spending it on which worries me! We are turning into Androids, zombies, unable to interact on a basic social level. I am a teacher and fully understand how important ICT is in schools but it is scientifically proven that using tablets etc. in infancy stops parts of the brain developing. I loved board games at xmas; monopoly, cluedo, twister etc. bring back retro Christmas I say ! 🎄😄👍

I picked a load up from charity shop the other day! Mouse Trap, twister, cludo and buckaroo! My kids and I love em! Just hope all the bits are there

I think alot of parents use the consoles, ipads, tablets etc to babysit their children to give them an easier life.

My children are allowed time on their consoles and I have an ipad and they play on that but for a limited time only.

My kids love board games. Every morning they go to their nans before school and they all sit down and play a game.
They have lots of board games at home. They love monopoly at the minute and they have a few new board games in their xmas bits.
For most of the part yes they watch tv etc but they are colouring, drawing, writing stories whilst its on in the background. Its important to have the interaction with them instead of plonking them infront of a tablet or tv.
I think children are at their best when using their imagination and being creative.

I don't see what it matters to anyone what they spend on there kids. Surely it all comes down to what you can afford weather it be £30 or £500.

I normally spend a lot on my 2 boys around the £300 mark this year I haven't spent as much but that's because they haven't asked for a lot.

Normally they have a lot if presents to open & I remember that as a child seeing the big mountain left from santa it's exciting

I have a 9 year old & a nearly 3 year old & they are both getting tablets for Xmas. WHY as I'm sick to death of not being able to get on mine as my eldest is always on it & the baby on YouTube listening to nursery rhymes or watching tiger woods or watching different animals in there habitat. They argue all the time over who is playing with it as well & what games to go on. It is mad that my youngest will have one (although not expensive) £35 but times are changing & this is how he learns stuff off a tablet.

This year I have spent around £150 on the baby & about £200 on my eldest one.

There not spoilt they don't get stuff all the way through the year except birthdays neither of them really like toys there outdoor people always wanting to go on there bikes or scooters.

We both work earn a good wage do can afford to spend a lot on our kids if we want at Xmas time as well as go on holiday 2-3 x a year. We earn it do we can spend it how we like :)

Latest posts

Back