How much did you spend on your kid for Christmas?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Deck the Halls with boughs of Holly falalalala la la la la
'Tis the season to be jolly, falalala la la la LAAAAAAAA

Ha ha ha. . Sarcasm at its finest. ..well that's how I read it anyway!

My friends 2 year old has an ipad, laptops are being given to children in schools to complete their homework. I'm pretty sure paper and pen will be a thing of the past before the end of my lifetime. If you don't keep up with technology you will be left behind. Children are placed in front of TV's so why do people have issues with ipads... I suggest a shed in the garden to put kids also....

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Great a lot of old jakeys and heroin addicts sizing up the gaff for the next score, no thanks!

Ha ha. . I won't be doing it either. .!

Sorry my mistake. Your previous post said you'd buy nicer holidays, so I read it that you're having nice holidays at the moment if that makes sense.

That's a lot of ipads in one house and def not something I could afford. My husband has one which I rarely use but I can see the benefit for kids. My daughters school uses them in lessons and she's 4. Far cry from my school days for sure.

The issue of how much people spend genuinely does not bother me. I had a privileged upbringing but wasn't spoilt and was taught the value of money. I now am at the other end of the spectrum. I work as does my husband and we are counting every penny. We can't afford to go out or buy new clothes each month so we don't. My neighbours don't work, young couple with 3 kids and have all the latest gadgets etc. I'm pretty sure he's selling something dodgy but that's another story. They're on benefits and can seemingly afford a designer lifestyle. It bothers me from time to time but it's not something I sit thinking about. Their life is not my life and I can't change the benefits system. That's a whole other thread.

You must live next door to my brother in law!

I have two age 2 & 5 I've spent £50 each up to now will be buying a couple more but not spending a lot, they will appreciate anything as I've never gone over the top they don't know any different. My oldest has asked for a lego house and plane (£50 & £60) which he will not be getting! Who spends that type of money on lego?? I have bought him smaller sets of lego £3.99 which I know he will love just as much

Erm, hello!

Lego is expensive, but it lasts - we still have sets which are kicking 40 years old! And Lego never gets boring.

Yes I'll do that. Then send him an email picture of them opening " his" present! :eek:

I bet if you explain to the children that they've been able to help poor little children who don't have much that they'll be happy - certainly happier than yourself.

Please don't take that as saying that I think he's right, I don't think it's a fair thing ro up ans decide this all of a sudden, but it has probably hurt you more than it will them.

It's difficult to give an accurate figure because it varies, sometimes from 400-700 ish - and ill not justify that.

I buy good stuff which lasts, she gets all her jammies, socks, pants, any little subscriptions, etc most off the stuff that she'll need for the year. It works out at less than £15 a week.

I don't generally buy stuff through the year, ao this is the chance to stock up.

Also, it ia mostly worth much more than I pay.

Finally, she doesn't ask for much. One ywar, it was colouring books. This year it's a real fairy, real pixie dust and a magic wand. Wish santa luck. ..!

I have 3 children and spend roughly £100-£150 each....if I had more if spend more!!!!

What I don't like is the competitiveness and judgement between adults with regards too how much is spent or what is bought, I personally wouldn't buy a 4 year old an iPad but I also wouldn't criticise someone who did!!!

I don't concern myself with what others get....as long as my kids are happy and we are all together I'm happy.

We've bought ours a samsung tablet each but only because they were in a sale 4 months ago & a few smaller presents. They have had about 200 each. My daughters first xmas christmas pressent was the 2 stage car seat!! She needed it & we just couldnt afford extra in top of the £100 that cost! My sons firat xmas presents were bought in the january sale before he was even born!!

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Hahaha I've just had a major frowny convo.
I'm asked "what do you want" my reply was "nothing, honestly save your money for the kids".
I get back "ok, what do you want for your birthday"? (Next week)
And again I say "nothing, I need nothing"
I get back "mum, you ARE having something so choose something"
I reply "ok I'll have a plant, a nice little Calathia or something as my lovely plants all died in the moves"
I get back "a plant??? Are you for real? Your a daft woman, I'll look around"

I think I'll be buying my own plant then hehe :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Omg ive cut right back this year as just after xmas my daughter and her bestie are 18 within days of each other and we have paid for a party for the daughter and paid for them both to go on holiday to portugal.

I've got 2 kids. My daughter is nearly 11 and my son is 4 1/2. Millie wants an iPod touch for Christmas so that's what she will get although it'll be a 4th gen because I can't justify the price of the 5th gen just because its coloured. We will then buy her a docking station for her birthday in Feb. She's got a few other bits, books, a couple of DVDs etc but I've been buying those bits here and there since august. Cody is really into Disney Planes so he has a lot of the toys for that as well as a few DVDs etc just like his sister. I think the other half may have bought them a few other bits too as we've had lots of packages arriving recently. So they've probably both had around £250 spent on them maybe a bit more but because its been bought over a long period of time its not such drain on the bank balance.

How old is he?. .. children have vast imaginations, they don't think of upsetting people by saying hurtful things. .he probably just wanted to open more presents. .bless him.

He's 7. But his parents were there and didn't say a word. I guess I found it more embarrassing because of that!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

He's 7. But his parents were there and didn't say a word. I guess I found it more embarrassing because of that!

Yes OK he probably should know a little better then! ....Kids are bizarre, I don't favour them too kindly anyway...but this is probably because I am a magnet, they are drawn to me, they seek me out wherever I am....

Happily in Sainsburys the other day just walking with my trolley in the shampoo isle meandering at all the rubbish hair products ...and there it came...it stood there, arms and legs outstretched in front of my trolley..screaming "RUN ME OVER..RUN ME OVER" well a few things went through my head at this point....Do you think this kid would get out of my way..NO it threw itself at my trolley....screaming at the top of its voice "KILL ME - KILL ME" whilst the parents just stood and carried on looking....in the end I said meanly "Get out of my way".....swiftly followed by a mumble of "I HATE KIDS"........

Sorry back to the thread.....

Yes OK he probably should know a little better then! ....Kids are bizarre, I don't favour them too kindly anyway...but this is probably because I am a magnet, they are drawn to me, they seek me out wherever I am....

Happily in Sainsburys the other day just walking with my trolley in the shampoo isle meandering at all the rubbish hair products ...and there it came...it stood there, arms and legs outstretched in front of my trolley..screaming "RUN ME OVER..RUN ME OVER" well a few things went through my head at this point....Do you think this kid would get out of my way..NO it threw itself at my trolley....screaming at the top of its voice "KILL ME - KILL ME" whilst the parents just stood and carried on looking....in the end I said meanly "Get out of my way".....swiftly followed by a mumble of "I HATE KIDS"........

Sorry back to the thread.....

I love this! Although I am disturbed by the 'kill me kill me' bit!

I love this! Although I am disturbed by the 'kill me kill me' bit!

He was a weird kid......... a little frightening to be honest....he either had an overactive imagination, watched too many shoot me up programs on TV or may have had a disability of some kind. I wasn't kind enough to find out!

A Ten-Month-Old’s Letter To Santa | The Ugly Volvo

This is probably true up to aged 4. Lol

I did chuckle at that...but it's those pins....I HATE those Bobby pins...they are everywhere in my house....so for that I'd move that particular item between ages 4 to age 18....my daughter is a nightmare with these pins. Whoever invented them maybe would like one in their eye! They have jammed my hoover, my daughters bathroom sink, I have found them in the washing machine, tumble dryer, in my kitchen cupboard, under rugs, in my bed, stuck to my arse when getting up out of a chair, in my keyboard....my dislike for them is intense! ha ha

I did chuckle at that...but it's those pins....I HATE those Bobby pins...they are everywhere in my house....so for that I'd move that particular item between ages 4 to age 18....my daughter is a nightmare with these pins. Whoever invented them maybe would like one in their eye! They have jammed my hoover, my daughters bathroom sink, I have found them in the washing machine, tumble dryer, in my kitchen cupboard, under rugs, in my bed, stuck to my arse when getting up out of a chair, in my keyboard....my dislike for them is intense! ha ha

They have cost me £400 in plumbers bills

Oh that list was hilarious, I haven't laughed like that in ages. Absolutely brilliant! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you. I needed that. :hug:

I am hoping mine disown me so I can get my tits done ;)

Ha ha ha this made me LOL. *chokes on coffee lol

I am hoping mine disown me so I can get my tits done ;)

This nearly made me fall off the sofa laughing! Love it! Lol!

But some 4 year olds can read & write. My son who is 4 & a half wrote the name of whoever it was to & then wrote his name on the bottom. Why shouldn't they send cards just because they're 4 & aren't as strong as reading & writing as older kids? If anything else it could be used as encouragement

My daughter is four. We got a pack of cards from poundland and spent the afternoon practising Writing her name. She was so proud of herself x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back