how much do you pay for stationery?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hippy-chick

Reaction score
I've been getting my tri-fold leaflets from vistaprint, but want to buy in bulk as am sick of going through rigmerole of ordering it every few weeks.

I've looked at printcarrier and it just baffles me!

I would like a small folded card (the size of a postcard folded) with my contact details on the front, my treatment prices in the middle and appointment slots on the back.

but how much is reasonable? I don't know what the 'norm' is?

Hi ,

Its very easy ( well my son did it -LOL ) to do on the computer . Saves you a bundle and you can print off as and when you need them plus no waiting times for printing ..

Just get some good quality card from Staples or wherever and do yourself

We used Works Word processor :)

ive found getting them printed is cheaper and handier than printing my own. ive only a normal wee printer and it just cant cope - papers not loaded right, run out of ink etc. email [email protected] he did my website and flyers and brochures (re-nubeauty.co.uk) very professional and reliable. tell him what you want and get a quote

If you have the design already then just go to 3 or 4 printers and ask for a price and see if it goes down the more you buy. some printers still work using plates and these can be costly. Most however now use laser printers.

If you go in and speak to them they can tell you if they can make it cheaper by using a cheaper grade paper or using less colours etc. also you can find 250 business cards cost £69 but 500 cost £89. You have to question whether you will use 250 quick enough to warrent the extra few quid to order 500 or would you still be stuck with a few hundred 2 years later when you want to redo everything?

If you need the printer to design things for you then they usually have a set fee of £50. Some can charge that per hr. Its cheaper if you do all the text yourself and give it to them as it saves time and money and they just do the graphics. But if like me your spelling isnt exactly perfect get about 4-5 people to read through any proofs the printer gives you before you have it sent to print. And always always double check your phone number, address, website etc are correct as well as the prices! You dont want to receive 500 pricelists with the wrong phone number or advertise a one hour facial for a fiver!!!!

thanks have emailed him for a quote, and btw I HAVE put the wrong telephone number on stuff before! Nightmare!!!!

I print my own tri fold brochures. Design them in publisher and I buy a heavy weight satin finish paper and print them on the laser orinter and they look fab. Try it!:)

I'm about to get 2,500 A6 flyers (printed CMYK one side on 130gsm gloss art stock) printed for my waxing. I have my details on there, summary of treatments etc and contact details and website. I try not to list individual treatments or prices so they don't go out of date.

These only cost £63 including P&P (flyers are VAT free), 5,000 would be £83.

For a comparison an A6 Deluxe Mailer (printed CMYK both sides on 250gsm creator silk with a UV varnish to one side) is £180 for 2,500 and £192 for 5,000 (an extra £35 to add a crease to 5,000).

Aubergine Print - 0800 096 0033

Mat

Latest posts

Back