How much do you weigh? ;)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Omg you guys have turned my life around, yesterday for the first time EVER (as I had never heard of weighing colours before) i weighed my tint and peroxide ... Lo and behold the best colour coverage I have ever had! Digital scales are my new best friend :) thanks peeps x

I know this is old.....but how are we all getting on with our new scales??

Got to get me some scales

After blue & Perrys advice I've bought scales and I love them!!! A lot less wastage in the salon! Happy days! Thank you for your advice x

I know this is old.....but how are we all getting on with our new scales??

I'm still in love with them :) although my clients always chatter away whilst I'm trying to work my measurements out and get me confused lol

After blue & Perrys advice I've bought scales and I love them!!! A lot less wastage in the salon! Happy days! Thank you for your advice x

I'm so glad, do the staff note down what measurement they did and if they had any waste or not? X

I'm still in love with them :) although my clients always chatter away whilst I'm trying to work my measurements out and get me confused lol

Oh the joy of clients ay!! ;) glad your still liking them x

can you reccomend some cheap scales please :)

I'm so glad, do the staff note down what measurement they did and if they had any waste or not? X

No, but that is great idea! Thank you x

No, but that is great idea! Thank you x

Just another way to know how much product is used for each client also stock usage/check and it should eradicate 90% of your wastage! X

I got some off eBay. Just small "bog standard" ones nothing fancy but do the job and I wouldn't mind if I left them or dropped them etc as they were only £6 but they work really good :)

think ill have a look on the bay of E :)

Weighing sounds good! But what if the dye is a different density to the developer? So it had more weight for every ml than developer. Weighing wouldn't work - you'd have to measure?

Weighing sounds good! But what if the dye is a different density to the developer? So it had more weight for every ml than developer. Weighing wouldn't work - you'd have to measure?

No it's completely the same hun, 1gram is 1ml :) weighing is a lot more accurate than measuring x

It's a ratio, so as long as you're measuring in the same units, it won't affect it :)

Ahh. Gotcha! I want me some scales now!

Ok not as cheeky as it sounds, but how do you measure your colour?

I've personally always used digital scales, love them and so so accurate!! Could not cope without them but I'm aware some people don't measure they guesstimate!!!!

I always use digital scales... and for a long time in our salon I was the only one! I was in shock that everyone at that time guestimated! So much so that the assistants thought it was ridiculous that I measured colour in that way and would put them away. This was two years ago and now everyone measures their tints/ bleaches using the digital scales...

Latest posts

Back