How much for a website??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuzieBeautique

Reaction score
Hi ya

I've been looking into getting a website designed and I'm meeting someone tomorrow to discuss it a bit more. I just wondered if anyone can tell me how much you paid for your website roughly? I know it probably depends on how much work he will have to put into it and how many pages etc. But just have no idea at all what is a reasonable price. Thanks xx

Mine cost 750 its got an online booking system as well. Personal login etc that included branding and designing for leaflets business cards , stationary

If your looking for a basic one which includes a logo and a few pageant about you, contact, price list. You should be able to find some good offers for 250. My designer done everything by email and phone. He lives in England I'm In Wales. He was Fab. Why not drop him an email? Search ck creative design. His name osno Chris kirkham. Great guy. Fab ideas!

What's your budget? What do you want it todo? The next nearest quote to Chris was nearly a grand more expensive!!

Craig Keane
www.hculture.co.uk

You can design your own very easily at either moonfruit.com or vistaprint.com. You design for free but say the company for hosting it and packages start from £5 to £25 a month depending on how many pages, how many extras such as mp3, photo gallery, location map, ad words, pay pal you add on. Mine is about £10 month and includes an activity report. Its not the best but for now it does what I need and its on the first page of a google search. Hope this helps. If you want to see what you get for your money, my address is www.handsandfeet.vpweb.co.uk :)

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Only problem with going with a company that absent templates is that lots of people have the same design! Brand it! Make it personal! Invest.. Long term will be worth it

Craig Keane
www.hculture.co.uk

This is true however, you can upload your own logo and your own branded marketing material. I guess it all comes down to budget

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

If you have a look online at the sites you really like and often the web designer details are often listed on the website.

Prices vary so much and in my opinion its not always necessary to spend a fortune on it...

Speak to Ruth who can probably help you with getting a website designed.

Good luck

I designed my website myself and I'm not very techy. I just pay for it to be hosted which is around £75.00 every two years. Saying that, the blood, sweat and tears that went into it meant that whilst I was doing it I wished i'd paid someone! At the time that wasn't an option though and i'm happy with it now. Hope you get something sorted.

Hi ya

I've been looking into getting a website designed and I'm meeting someone tomorrow to discuss it a bit more. I just wondered if anyone can tell me how much you paid for your website roughly? I know it probably depends on how much work he will have to put into it and how many pages etc. But just have no idea at all what is a reasonable price. Thanks xx

how did ya meeting go then SB?

Thanks for reply everyone. Met with him this evening to just run over some ideas. Looking at about 250 / 300. He is an old family friend and lives local so like the fact can sit down face to face and discuss what I want doing. Going to have a think about it.

Just wondering, has having a website brought more custom for you all?? And if someone searches on google for local tech / beauty / etc do you come high in the list? xx

Thanks for reply everyone. Met with him this evening to just run over some ideas. Looking at about 250 / 300. He is an old family friend and lives local so like the fact can sit down face to face and discuss what I want doing. Going to have a think about it.

Just wondering, has having a website brought more custom for you all?? And if someone searches on google for local tech / beauty / etc do you come high in the list? xx

That all depends how the website is set up, and what keywords you are using. It not really a one off tasks, but one that can/should tweaked every month, or even week if you have time.

Have you agreed to go with this family friend? Do you know how many pages you want?

I have said will have a think about it all. He has said will do some rough designs and logo etc to have a look at. Not too sure in number on pages, wasn't originally aware cost depends in how many pages. I clearly live in a dream world!! Lol. So going to need to draft up some ideas myself to see how many pages could do in total x

I have said will have a think about it all. He has said will do some rough designs and logo etc to have a look at. Not too sure in number on pages, wasn't originally aware cost depends in how many pages. I clearly live in a dream world!! Lol. So going to need to draft up some ideas myself to see how many pages could do in total x

oh yea, cost definitely depends on pages. I've just PM'd you as well. let me know if you got it

I started with a basic site which I had done for me by a local company. It cost about £200 and was pointless to be truthful. I don't think we got any new clients from it.

My current site Welcome - Indigo Hair & Beauty well that is an entirely different matter. It was bespoke, properly done and is fully SEO'd.

We still get more high quality clients via word of mouth than via any other form of advertising or marketing. Beware of shysters trying to convince you that it is ONLY about the internet these days.

I have found a great web designer who had done a brilliant website for me and has got me high up on google - it was free - the site is then free for 3 months, then £14.99 per month after that. It is really professional and I have been really happy with his service - if you are interested, let me know and I will forward his details on to you.

Sue

I started with a basic site which I had done for me by a local company. It cost about £200 and was pointless to be truthful. I don't think we got any new clients from it.

My current site Welcome - Indigo Hair & Beauty well that is an entirely different matter. It was bespoke, properly done and is fully SEO'd.

We still get more high quality clients via word of mouth than via any other form of advertising or marketing. Beware of shysters trying to convince you that it is ONLY about the internet these days.

Yeah all my clients currently are word of mouth. It's definitely the best advertising! Wanting a site to help promote myself that little bit more but just unsure whether it will be worth the money or not. xx

oh yea, cost definitely depends on pages. I've just PM'd you as well. let me know if you got it

Yes I have just read it thank you. I didn't notice I had a message. Thanks you. As I say still working out whether or not it's going to be worth while and what I actually want etc. Xx

I did mine for free on yola.
No hosting charge either!
Most of my business is word of mouth, but have had increasing response from my interactive contact page, so definitely worth having the site.

I did mine for free on yola.
No hosting charge either!
Most of my business is word of mouth, but have had increasing response from my interactive contact page, so definitely worth having the site.

Did you not have to pay anything? I created a website with gbbo and can't work out how to get it on google and my other half says you normally have to pay for a domain? I dont understand all this technical malarky! I don't mind if I'm not on google but would like just have a site I can put on my price list so people can find out abit more about me/my business X

Did you not have to pay anything? I created a website with gbbo and can't work out how to get it on google and my other half says you normally have to pay for a domain? I dont understand all this technical malarky! I don't mind if I'm not on google but would like just have a site I can put on my price list so people can find out abit more about me/my business X

What's the name of your website? I don't use GBBO, but Dreamweaver/Photoshop, and with that you do need to purchase a domain (£2.99 per year for a .co.uk one - minimum 2 years, or a .com for £8, min 1 year)

But once you buy it, then its yours to keep for as long as you want/need. You also need to find somewhere in cyber space to host (store) your site too, and this could cost anywhere from FREE (limited space), to £75 a year. (Normally, a designer/web builder will include hosting into any charge you pay)

Although, as previously stated, Word of Mouth is possibly the best way of getting people to know you, there is no doubt, that a website (even a 5-8 page one), does help. Personally, if I was going to pay for a service recommended to me by a friend, I would like to look up what else that service offers, how long they have been up and running, and the sort of prices they charge compared to others in my area - and a website is a great way of doing that. Granted, not everyone is going to be top of google. (or indeed any other search engine), but even a business card with your website address on, does create a little business.

We found pamper parties tend to search for local business via the net, then contact us via email requesting more information. We direct them to the website and/or give return their call/email

So, going down the website route (not including these free ones!), does help, and if you keep track of which method of communication your next potential client has found you by (ie: friend, yellow pages, website/email etc), then you can judge which marketing avenues are working, and which aren't.

I agree that websites definitely help....I've had quite a few new clients recently who have searched on Google and I've been there within the first top few. xx

Latest posts

Back