How Much For A Website??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ASHLE

Reaction score
Could anyone give me an idea of what I would be looking at paying for a professional website? I am about to start shopping around and would like a pricing guide so I have an idea of what I am getting

depends what you deem as professional.

do you want someone to do it all for you, or do you want a template.

my website and domain costs me about £30 a year.

That would depend what you wanted from your website, and how technical you want to get involved with the whole process.

There are several free/low cost options available involving "templates" which you can use to "build your own" website (e.g. Freewebs and 1and1) but you may run into issues when you want to do something beyond what the template can offer you. I'm guessing you'd need at least a bit of tech knowledge to get the best out of these too. I know that Seanny has done some fab tutorials on here about web site design and would recommend you look at those if you want to go down the "DIY" website route.

Then you may want to consider getting someone to design a site for you specially - I know that's also a service that Seanny offers - several of the geeks on here have already had sites designed by Seanny and the feedback has been very positive.

I'm also branching out into web design myself (I already work in IT, mainly doing Java design and development for large companies).

I'm working on a website for 1999judy, Judy Archibald - Nail Artist and Nail Creation Team UK Educator which will soon have a special "admin" page for her too, where she can log on and do things like adding new images to her gallery, updating her price list, etc.

I'm also hoping to have a system working soon which will automatically "watermark" your images when you upload them to the site - i.e. adding a visible copyright message to them to stop other people from stealing pictures from your site and passing them off as their own.

A professional would charge between £100 to £200 per page for a basic site, although there are companies that advertise a flat price. Google 'Webiste Designers'. I don't mean to be rude but someone doing it as a hobby is not the same as a pro. They are usually creative minded and can give you tips on how to get your site to the top of the search engines. xxx

Latest posts

Back