How much is too much for a special offer this Xmas?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siennax1

Reaction score
Hello salon geeks, I do mobile spray tanning and I am in the middle of sorting out letters to send to my existing clients for a Christmas special offer between nov and 1st jan.
I was wandering what offer sounds the best. At the moment I charge £20 for a spray tan and am thinking about 20% off.
For new customers (for ad in paper) I am thinking 10 - 15% ???????? Really not sure tbh.

Any help would be great many thanks.

I think I would maybe do an offer for October to try to attract new clients before the Christmas party season.
I would think that late Nov into December is when you will get business without the need to have special offers, as most people will be going to some 'do' and would like to have good colour.

The other thing to maybe consider is something along the lines of giving a discount voucher for January with every tan in Nov/Dec as I would think January would be quieter, so you're attracting business for then and your clients will still feel like they are getting something back.....hope that makes sense.

Lou xx

I agree with the above xxx

Ditto. How about buy one get one half price? Then you're guaranteed two tans for £15 each. You may get one client twice, or two new clients who split the difference between them.

Last Christmas I gave a £5 voucher (to be used in January) to everyone who booked in December.

I'd only been going 3 months so didn't have a huge clientele, and whilst I believe everyone I tanned in December would've booked me regardless of the voucher offer, it did ensure things weren't completely dead for me in January.

I'll very likely do it again this December too xx

Last Christmas I gave a £5 voucher (to be used in January) to everyone who booked in December.

I'd only been going 3 months so didn't have a huge clientele, and whilst I believe everyone I tanned in December would've booked me regardless of the voucher offer, it did ensure things weren't completely dead for me in January.

I'll very likely do it again this December too xx

Agree with SunSpray on this offer. Don't discount your prices in Nov/Dec as you don't need too. Just be the best you can, tell everyone your the best, network and market yourself in the right places (personally I don't touch newspapers anymore - do a survey with existing clients to see who really reads them now?). I have got the people I have trained to do something cheap, cheerful and very very effective and its worked fab so far.

I can't make it public because then it won't work for them :green::green::green:!

Instead of discounting do 2 tans for xx in Oct and then think of some super funky and cheeky marketing campaign to get clients in over the xmas period. Send a load of mince pies into an office block with a tiny card on each one with your web address on. Get some fit windowcleaners of an office block to have their upper torso painted with your details on and then get them to flash the workers in the office. I mean how many of us sit mesmerised by window cleaners. If they look like the diet coke break ad guy even better lol!

Get a massive banner and put it up opposite an office block. Get a couple of cute men to stand outside the train/tube station at hometime and hand out leaflets. (get permission from council first though).

The imagination is limetless!

Good Luck xx

I usually charge £22.50 per tan and was going to do an Autumn promotion to all my existing clients offering a tan for £18.50 or if they booked two and paid for them both at the time of their first appointment, they pay £15 for each tan.

I am also doing an Indulgence Day tomorrow where I was going to offer a tan for £18 if they make a booking tomorrow and have the tan in October/December.

Do you think that I should just do the above offer for just October?

Love the idea of a £5 voucher for appointments for January, I think I will try this?

Jackie x

I like the voucher idea January is a really quiet time and people are feeling generally deflated so i would go with the cheap tan in Jan offer but charge full price for party season:):) November December is one of busiest time of year on solution sales January is awful :irked::cry::irked:

Yes, definitely charge full price for November and December as that is when you are guaranteed bookings.

I always offer nice packages over christmas, give it a zany name and call it my special offers. I still charge the same if not more but as they are not usually on my treatment menu, they know they are getting something different, also people buy gift vouchers on the strength of my special offers so I let them run until the end of January (another way of keeping busy in January).

Here are some examples

All that glitters
crystal therapy and reiki combo

Chocolate Orange
chocolate massage with a hint of orange (yummy).

Hot Toddy
reflexology with a hot stone foot massage

Detox Diva
ayurvedic foot ritual with a body wrap

Winter Warmers
Hot compress massage
or
Hot stone massage

Yes, definitely charge full price for November and December as that is when you are guaranteed bookings.

I always offer nice packages over christmas, give it a zany name and call it my special offers. I still charge the same if not more but as they are not usually on my treatment menu, they know they are getting something different, also people buy gift vouchers on the strength of my special offers so I let them run until the end of January (another way of keeping busy in January).

Here are some examples

All that glitters
crystal therapy and reiki combo

Chocolate Orange
chocolate massage with a hint of orange (yummy).

Hot Toddy
reflexology with a hot stone foot massage

Detox Diva
ayurvedic foot ritual with a body wrap

Winter Warmers
Hot compress massage
or
Hot stone massage

Ditto to what Ann says. Don't go cheaper if you don't have to. I do packages as well which are always popular

Ditto to what Ann says. Don't go cheaper if you don't have to. I do packages as well which are always popular
It was infact Sarah that helped me with such packages, my clients love them and are already asking what I have up my sleeve for this year! I sell a lot of gift vouchers over christmas.

and I do have a lot up my sleeve this year.

I also give my clients a £5 voucher to be used in January, and sometimes put one on my website so people can print them off and bring them with me. I stipulate one voucher per visit, and some clients come back more than once in the month of January.

]It was infact Sarah that helped me with such packages, my clients love them and are already asking what I have up my sleeve for this year! [/COLOR]I sell a lot of gift vouchers over christmas.

and I do have a lot up my sleeve this year.

I also give my clients a £5 voucher to be used in January, and sometimes put one on my website so people can print them off and bring them with me. I stipulate one voucher per visit, and some clients come back more than once in the month of January.

I had a feeling it might be but didn't want to blow my own trumpet, lol

Btw, the chocolate massage with a bit of coconut fragrance oil is heavenly. My clients can't wait til I start offering the chocolate treatments again :)

ooh I wish u were nearer to me Ann! Problem is I'd want them all!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

I had a feeling it might be but didn't want to blow my own trumpet, lol

Btw, the chocolate massage with a bit of coconut fragrance oil is heavenly. My clients can't wait til I start offering the chocolate treatments again :)
mmmmmm, coconut! bounty that is lovely.
don't you do a turkish delight one too? hmmmmm, heavenly.

mmmmmm, coconut! bounty that is lovely.
don't you do a turkish delight one too? hmmmmm, heavenly.

Yes we do, just add a bit of rose & geranium.
I keep meaning to buy some peppermint & experiment with that. After Eight anyone? I've got spearmint & tried that but it just wasn't quite right :irked:

Why discount at a time that they'll all want it done? Just leave it as it is and be prepared to work longer hours to fit them all in. xxx

I agree totally with Kim. Xmas is the time to earn money, no offers, concessions, or freebies. Save those for Jan/Feb.

I do mobile tanning and it has gone really quiet all of a sudden which I have put down to the fact that it is the end of the end of the wedding season etc. The last couple of weeks before that I was tanning between 19 to 25 people.

I have no bookings so far this week so feel that sending out an offer for October/November may be a good idea.

I would rather be doing some tans a bit cheaper than none at all.

Do you still think that this is not a good idea?

I usually charge £22.50 for one and £18 when you refer a friend. I was thinking of emailing my existing clients and offering a tan for £18 and if they book two and pay for them both at the same time, they pay £15 for each tan. This would be just for October/November.

Is this too low?

Jackie x

I think I would maybe do an offer for October to try to attract new clients before the Christmas party season.
I would think that late Nov into December is when you will get business without the need to have special offers, as most people will be going to some 'do' and would like to have good colour.

The other thing to maybe consider is something along the lines of giving a discount voucher for January with every tan in Nov/Dec as I would think January would be quieter, so you're attracting business for then and your clients will still feel like they are getting something back.....hope that makes sense.

Lou xx

Yes I agree with you, thinking about it makes sense. Left it a tad late for Oct, But am in the middle of a Jan offer

x

Latest posts

Back