How much of a beauty therapist is your other half?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Isabellamae

Reaction score
We have seen hints of it in other threads but what secret stories do you have of your partner in the beauty industry??

I tried to teach my hubby how to spray tan.....my 'smile lines' were not under my bottom but very dark half way down my thigh....as for my face....I heard him say 'ummmm' to look in the mirror and have tan dripping off my face!!!! 🙀

I also STUPIDLY thought I could give waxing ago without training....whoops....I did one strip on his chest he jumped about like a girl and told me to 'come back when you have had some f***ing training' whoops haha!!

When I was training nail extensions I was sick of fighting my nail trainer so I begged and begged to put some on him....I did some beautiful sculpts but had to remove before I'd even finished cuz he was getting all upset with my giggling...shhhh that one is our little secret!!! Xx

I've done nail art, acrylic extensions on my boyfriend, I begged him to let me do a chest wax an now he comes to me asking for one same for his eyebrows lol, he likes his manicures an pedicures. He was looking at me yesterday and said 'your eyebrows need doing ... Go get the tweezers' an he done my eyebrows lol he secretly loves it xx

Other than shaving his head and the manicure and pedicure I put on here he hasn't had much else YET!! Lol but then he did file my toes for me as he really wanted to try! And the cheeky git turned round and said that's easy I could do your job!!!!

Emma-Louise @ALittleLuxury

I think they are all secretly at it!!! If only they all knew that we all know.....ha ha it does make me chuckle.... My hubby is ex forces mr macho so he is just not into it at all....

My hubby is wonderful, I wax him, practice nail art & will soon be tanning him too - mind you, I have to "pay" him with a back massage each time!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've practiced polishing on both my hubby and son. Mr H can do a mean spray tan and has also applied my Suntana mousse manually very well too!

I've currently got naked toe nails as I can longer see them with bump in the way. Im waiting till the beginning of April and going to get himself to Rockstar shellac my toes... They best be good as after bubs arrives in May I'll be able to see them!

My little boy is always asking to paint my nails love him- he does a mean glitter tattoo though!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hehe love this thread. Iv got my guy into squeezing blackheads now. I stead of looking i to each others eye we're on a scan of each others face for extractions hehe

Iv also told him when i train in LVL's id love to try it out on him, he has such fair and straight lashes.

I give him credit though, he does give a mean back massage and foot rub :)

Love this thread!

Sadly my OH is not in the least bit interested in any of it (although supportive of me obv) although he did allow me to tip and overlay one of his fingernails when I was learning

I think maybe he was put off the whole thing by having his toenails painted burgundy by our youngest daughter (then about 5) while he was asleep lol

Love this thread!

Sadly my OH is not in the least bit interested in any of it (although supportive of me obv) although he did allow me to tip and overlay one of his fingernails when I was learning

I think maybe he was put off the whole thing by having his toenails painted burgundy by our youngest daughter (then about 5) while he was asleep lol

That sounds like me household!! Xx

My cavemen won't let me anywhere near them, but my younger son isn't so bad, he will let me do his eyebrows.

I keep trying to get mine to train in hairdressing - I'd have lovely regular trims, colouring, blowdrying fab!

Mines isnt interested but I always tell him to come in and get a massage and I wont charge but he says no you can do it in the house.

But ehhh I know what that will lead to if I start massaging him haha ( crude I KNOW! ) so I refuse heehee!!

All of it! :)
Facials, chemical peels, eyebrows, hands and feet and a few patches of hair on his back. He is totally Metrosexual and I love that he cares about his appearance.
I am not a stylist yet I always cut his hair because he doesn't trust anyone else with his hair lol he is all about a good head of hair. Its frickin hilarious at times

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

My husband will occasionally give me a massage if I use lots of coercion or 'favours' :rolleyes: He gets all huffy and says he doesn't know what to do or he's no good at it, but actually he just copies what I do so it's really nice! He nags me all the time for massages and he gets them quite often, despite what he'd tell you! I've been known to dim the lights, put candles around, play music and give him a full body ritual so exfoliation, body wrap and full body massage.

I've always plucked his mono brow but he let me wax it the other day and it looks so much cleaner.

Ha I'm loving all these stories!! Xx

My hubby always removes my gel polish for me which is a treat cus it's such a pain to remove your own. I know he'd paint them for me if I let him!

I've waxed my finances eyebrows and chest and tinted his lashes / that was the last time he let me doing it.

He's very good at getting out the off ingrown hair on my legs and he loves it.

I also broke one of my nails that had a hand painted corset design on it.
He jokingly said he would re paint it so I let him. He did an amazing job!

My husband removes my Shellac beautifully and can tell me why he needs to be careful and not scrape the nail plate. He needs to work on being more gentle at the twist when removing the foils though!

Yesterday whilst in the S2 queue he was watching a demo of the Additive and topcoat dots design and when the inhibition layer was removed along with the excess Additives, leaving the dots design, his face was a picture. Impressed doesn't cover it, it was hilarious. He told me not to tell anyone. :twisted:

My partner loves it! He's always having me giving him a manicure and pedicure

He's spray tanned me a couple of times and they've been great lol
Also when I was pregnant he used to paint my toes, and a few days before i was induced he put me some minx on. They looked great! Lasted over 2 months too, even the midwives commented how nice they were lol he was dead proud!!👏

He's asked if he can do some acrylic nails and bikini waxing for me but I'm abit hesitant to this just yet.

Not forgetting the nagging of a massage every day!!
Always asks when I can't be arsed! Lol

Latest posts

Back