How much to charge for DD?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tracetheface

Reaction score
Hi everyone. First ever post so please forgive a newbie... Loving DD on friends so far but got client booked in tomorrow for her first one and no idea what to charge. Also, planned on using either DD base and top coat, Lumos base and top
or a clear Biosculpture gel overlay. Need to be a bit more decisive before she arrives LOL! Eek! Can anyone help please? X

Hi, sorry. I may have done / said something wrong :( but can anyone help me please, really would appreciate some guidance. Thanks x

I plan to charge a bit extra for french shellac with DD compared to normal shellac to cover the cost of the DD and the extra time. I havent decided how much yet (I am working out my redundancy on my 'old' job :)) but maybe £3 to £5 when ive thought about the costings/how much longer it takes x

ps. you havent said anything wrong hun. Sometimes it just takes a while before you get a response :)

Hello! I'm just about to add these to my price list too. How I apply it would depend on what the client wants, if they want to be able to remove it on their own I would probably do with Lumos bottom and top coat. If they wanted it to last as long as possible and are happy coming back, I would probably use either gel or I also use Gelish. I do get some clients that although are regulars, for some reason they prefer to do the removal part themselves!

As for pricing, I'm not 100% really, but I guess for using base and top coat you would just add a nominal amount to your manicure price?

Hope that helps a bit! :)

Hi, I'm a bit surprised your client is having her nails done but doesn't know how much its going to cost her. Anyway personally I charge £15.00 for the DD manicure using the base and top coats and £20.00 if using a gel overlay. Obviously it depends on prices in your own area. I offered the DD using base and top coats for £10.00 for a while to get clients in. But then I offer a different incentive each month.

Good luck

Lorraine x

Ah, thanks everyone! The lady I've got later loves 'new' stuff and is never in the slightest bit interested in how much it is in advance, bless her! also thanks, don't feel quite so terrified to ask stuff in future! Xxx

What is DD???

Hi there Im also new to the site and the industry I charge £10.00 pound for the DD system and £20.00 for DD with Shellac. Im frightened it might just be me but does anyone have problems with the staying power with DD? even with shellac and scrupulous prep and instruction following and with substituting the glue with gelbond they always chip within days. I make sure i cap the ends and also dab a small amount of glue onto the natural nail. Luckily it has been good friends and family but I dont feel good about taking money until i can give value for it!!!! help anyone??? :eek:

Hi there

New to the site myself but yes I too have had problems with DD lifting even when used with Shellac.
I have sadly stopped using the DD system for the time being which is a shame as the results are fab.
I found it much easier than polishing French smiles, the nails looked great, but just didn't last? :cry:

nailenvy

Latest posts

Back