How much to charge for Swarovski infills?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curvygirl

Reaction score
I've just done a set of Swarovski Crystal toes on a client whose toenails grow incredibly fast so she is very likely to return shortly for infills.

can anyone who's ever done a Swarovski CT infill advise what percentage of the initial service you charge?

What products are you using to set the Crystals hon? Gel, gelbond etc? X

I use shellac base, colour, set them in shellac topcoat and cover with Eco Universal UV topcoat. I don't use gelbond but now wonder if I'll need to use it on the infills?

Curvey do you find this top coat helps them last better? I've been having a dilemma about how to do Swarovski crystals with shellac as I done a whole nail on myself and some came off. I have put it on my price list but I am worrying now.

And where would I buy this?

Curvey do you find this top coat helps them last better? I've been having a dilemma about how to do Swarovski crystals with shellac as I done a whole nail on myself and some came off. I have put it on my price list but I am worrying now.

And where would I buy this?

yes, had mine on for 5 weeks, gonna have to take them off soon as my toenails are getting too long and i'm starting to feel them when i go out for a run. I've lost 3 crystals in total- which isn't bad for someone who runs 10k three times a week.

the ECO topcoat IMO is the best TC for keeping the sparkle as I find Shellac TC to really dull the stones and isn't secure enough (i lost quite a lot of stones using Shellac TC)

ECO UNIVERSAL SOAK OFF UV GEL TOP COAT 15ml - BEAUTY-SALE.co.uk

They won't come off with Shellac if you are using the correct method.

curvy....so it doesnt affect the shellac? and how easy does it come off??

They won't come off with Shellac if you are using the correct method.

What is the correct method with shellac ? Ive done a class at a cnd academy we was told to PEP , base coat , cure , 1 colour coat , place crystals , cure , wipe with d-sperse . When ive used this method my crystals just do not stay put for more than a few days :( After speaking to a different CND academy their method is completely different ? Im quite confused :(

What is the correct method with shellac ? Ive done a class at a cnd academy we was told to PEP , base coat , cure , 1 colour coat , place crystals , cure , wipe with d-sperse . When ive used this method my crystals just do not stay put for more than a few days :( After speaking to a different CND academy their method is completely different ? Im quite confused :(

Yep that sounds completely different to the method I was taught. If you like I can PM you the instructions from my class? I'm sorry that yours wasn't helpful, mine was great. I still have the crystals on from my class 2 months ago!

Yep that sounds completely different to the method I was taught. If you like I can PM you the instructions from my class? I'm sorry that yours wasn't helpful, mine was great. I still have the crystals on from my class 2 months ago!

Thankyou so much , I will PM you now x

curvy....so it doesnt affect the shellac? and how easy does it come off??

Souz, it has not affected the shellac, comes off the same as Shellac but I leave on for a good 20mins to allow the dsolve to get thru the layers.

HTH's x

thanks curvy, just good to know!

Would you mind PM me please with ur method? I use shellac but never thought of doing the the crystals this way, I've set them in gel and top coated on myself but really dulled the crystals :o

Tia x

Thanks curvey I will try this top coat as I find the Shellac doesn't hold them that well either. Thank you.

If you have a spare min could you poss send me these too?? As i use gelbond on top of a shellac basecoat, its not lasting to badly but 2months is pretty impressive, would be great to know how you do your crystal pedis!! :)

2 months? OMG! we were shown to set in tacky inhib layer after colour cure then TC - started losing them after 2nd day and I ended up removing it after a week.

i thought we were all being taught the same?

hmmm.. not impressed :-(

I did the CND class and was taught a completely different method to this. I'm sorry that you weren't happy with your training as mine was very helpful :sad:

2 months? OMG! we were shown to set in tacky inhib layer after colour cure then TC - started losing them after 2nd day and I ended up removing it after a week.

i thought we were all being taught the same?

hmmm.. not impressed :-(

Where did you do your class? Mine lasted ages after my class, we used the method with Gelbond to keep the first row in place.

Please send me info x

Latest posts

Back