How often to send out emails and texts re your services and offers?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HayleySullivan

Reaction score
Hi,

I was just wondering how often everyone sends out emails and texts to clients with new offers etc or just general messages to advertise ur business?? Once a week/month? I dont want to annoy people by sending them too much but want to send enough to be remebered??

thanks xxxxxxx

How about giving your clients a choice? e.g. they could choose whether they want to receive "up to date" news every week or so, or wait for a "digest" every month? That way you're putting the decision in the hands of each client, so they'll be able to get details of news and special offers in the way that suits them best.

Hello Ruth.

With many mobile phone operators offering like 3000+ text per month, have you ever thought of creating the appointments software that links to your mobile.

You can do this with outlook 2010, and I send things with my laptop and my phone connected via bluetooth.

Think what people would save who send out a lot of reminder and offer texts.

Su x

Hello Ruth.

With many mobile phone operators offering like 3000+ text per month, have you ever thought of creating the appointments software that links to your mobile.

You can do this with outlook 2010, and I send things with my laptop and my phone connected via bluetooth.

Think what people would save who send out a lot of reminder and offer texts.

Su x

That's a fab idea - thanks for that! Would probably work out a fair bit cheaper than using a dedicated SMS gateway too. Definitely one for the hit list, I think!

That's a fab idea - thanks for that! Would probably work out a fair bit cheaper than using a dedicated SMS gateway too. Definitely one for the hit list, I think!

It makes sense, your phone can sit there via bluetoth and away you send..... no 3rd party needed!

Su x

Remember you have to get people to "opt in" to your email and text marketing- its a legal requirement.

But thats not a bad thing- as it "primes" them into expecting marketing from you, and it's also a tick against them being interested in you in the first place!

Remember you have to get people to "opt in" to your email and text marketing- its a legal requirement.

But thats not a bad thing- as it "primes" them into expecting marketing from you, and it's also a tick against them being interested in you in the first place!

I'm definitely aware of that, Carl :)

How often do you bring out special offers?
You could do offer of the week / treatment of the week.

Ask your customers for feedback every once in while or when they come to the salon - customer feedback is invaluable.

Also, check the response rates (# of people who open the email, read the text etc) and see how your adds / messages are being received.

Hi

I do a monthly offer and email clients about once a month. I'm bring some new facails this month some I have send a message about every other week for the couple of times.

I'm sending out a letter today with more information on the facials. I'm finding that it's every 6 months I'm sending out a letter about new treatments or just more information on the treatmnet I already do.

Kerry
xx

Hi, Research shows it is generally more effective to contact clients monthly; you don’t want to contact them too often so that you may become a nuisance but you do want to keep in enough contact with them to remind them of your presence. If you are sending text messages and offers weekly they won’t be a surprise or seem special to customers which is the main reason why you send them! It would be more advisable to concentrate your efforts into sending monthly rather than weekly offers and also to measure the effectiveness of your promotions asking customers to quote a promotion code to receive the offer, this will let you see which offers are generating business and ones you should repeat and the ineffective ones you should not offer again.

Latest posts

Back