How old do you think girls should be to have their nail extensions done?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nails2nV

Reaction score
HI all!

In need of your proffesional opinion.

What do you think the minimum age should be for having nail extensions?

I have a couple of clients who want me to do their daughters nails and they are both 13. What do you think?

Hi there

Me personally - 16 years old. I always ask if mum knows[If mums not with them]

With mums permission 15 years, for a formal or special occassion.I just feel being so active at that age + enhancements = Accident.

There's so many temporary tips - stick ons available for one off occassions.

If these young ladies are interested in growing beautiful nails..
Maybe an overlay on their existing length + manicures to maintain & promote natural nail growth.

HtH
XX J XX

Hi I have a 14&16 year old and am quite happy to do their nails but my 10 year old I feel is to young. Much to her disgust:Scared:

I would say 16 seems a reasonable age, but then if the girls have permission from their parents, 13 seems like the very minimum age at what I would do it.

Love and hugs:)

i would say 14 with parental consent....they grow up so quick and at that age you can start nail enhancement education and if we put hand on heart we where all probably wacking on stickons with superglue at that age.
i have found teens do look after their nails far better than adults...it costs them alot of pocket money so they really look after them

*JOANNE* said:
i would say 14 with parental consent....they grow up so quick and at that age you can start nail enhancement education and if we put hand on heart we where all probably wacking on stickons with superglue at that age.
i have found teens do look after their nails far better than adults...it costs them alot of pocket money so they really look after them[/quote

You are so right Joanne since I started doing my girls nails they now look after them and their hands. It is good to educate them so hopefully they will have lovely nails and skin when they are older:D

Hi there,
my youngest is 15 but i wouldnt do them without the parents letter of concent. It was also the mother who made the appointment. I wouldnt do anyone younger. HTH

I think 14 for me with the parents consent.

Hi all
I'm quite happy to do 15 year olds althow I always tell them not to come back to me with missing tips after a game of voli ball and say they just fell of:irked: but in general I find the younger ones a complete waste of time, what ever I say they rip or bite them of then come back after a couple of months etc. And as for the nail art, even with a full board to give them ideas they still go for the flicks:mad:

MPO is sixteen. But thats me. If it was my daughter maybe 50!!!!!She is never gonna be old enought to do anything in my eyes. She is always gonna be my baby.:Love:

I have a lady who come is for gels, she always brings her daughter with her who is 7, the daughter loves watching and is really facinated with nails and her mum buys her all the different colour polishes.

the daughter is a nail biter and mum has told her if she can grow them to the endof her fingers she can have a coat of gel put over them to help protect them.

the daughter is so excited, I think it's a great way of rewarding the daughter for breaking a bad habit, as a 24 year old nail biter myself i think anything thta can get you to break the habit at a young age is a good thing.

When mum comes tomorrow, I'm going to give the daughter a mini-mani if she still hasn't bitten the nails as a little incentive to keep up the good work!

I would NEVER provide tips to anyone younger than 14 only because of the breaks, I can just see a young girl showing up with her natural nail torn off and blood everywhere!!!! EEEK!!!!!!!!

I'm doing a set next week on a 15 year old, her Mum made the appt and it's a Christmas present for her so wont be on-going. As a one-off I think 15 is reasonable, but I'd bet 50 quid that they don't last 2 weeks - she'll pick/bite and get them off before New Year's Eve!!

i was told by my educator at least 16 but if they come in and there 13 i would want mums permission as its better to educate them on nails rather them sticking cheap nasty nails on and doing damage them selfs at least a professional knows what there doing and can teach them how to look after them

Latest posts

Back