How popular are kids / teen mani/nail art parties?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahc

Reaction score
have been thinking about starting a business offering manicures / pedicures and nail art parties to children aged 8 - 15

currently training in makeup, but am qualified in mani/pedis although havent really advertised my services much - thought it would help to pay the bills whilst i build up my kit and practice my makeup skills, and would be fun into the bargain

just wondered exactly how popular these type of parties were, prices to charge and should i have a web site designed to advertise the parties ?

would love to hear from anyone who run these type of parties, thanking you in advance xxx

I did a mini manicure and nail art party for 8 13year olds, it was hard work although quite fun, I found the girls very quickly forgot they had had their nails done and some smudge the polish by putting hands in pockets and others knocked off rhinestone.. so I had to replace them, one girl even waited untill I had complete her nails and then said she had changed her mind and wanted what her friend had got, she didnt get it!! lol
I was very new to nails when I did the party and didnt really know what I was doing, Now... I wouldnt give them to much choice of art but enough for them all to be different if they want , I do try and steer clear of rhinestones, I use decals and handpainted nailart, I tend to find flicks are popular. x

Hi I did one for 10yr old and it was hard work, best thing is to offer the stick ons, and don't take to many polishes most seem to want the same as their friends & I defo wouldn't take gems lol have fun :)

I have actually wondered how many really earn anything on these childrens treatments?

I myself wouldn't go lower in price that on an adult, it takes the same amount of time I suspect and I guess this would be to much for the parents if the children smudges it. I would defo charge to redo or replace gems...

If anything then stickers, but still I guess they won't pay my price:o

Latest posts

Back