How should I nurse my nails better?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sledge

Reaction score
Hi. I'm a little embarassed to ask but here goes...
I've been practising Brisa application on myself and have now kind of trashed them (through over filing I think). They are now fairly thin and keeps breaking at the sides above free edge/on nail bed...and also am getting a bit of onycholosis, although this is getting better.
I have cut my nails right down and have applied OPI's Nail envy and Solar Oil several times a day for last 10 days or so but can't see the breaking getting any better....what should I do? I want to apply a thin layer of Brisa/L&P on to strenghthen them, only as NNO but not sure if I'l be doing more damage. I don't like not having any free edge and would like them to grow a little bit more.
Any advice greatfully received...thanks x

I would say keep them short, stop using nail envy and use solar oil twice a day. Can you ask your trainer for help?

Hi there, I'm not an expert on the subject but perhaps you can try fixing your nails from the inside with vitamins to strengthen your nails, as well as using solar oil. Vitamins like Skin, Hair & Nails tablets or Silicon tablets. VHunter has mentioned that folic acid also helps.
Good luck :)

I'm afraid that only time and use your Solar Oil everyday (the vitamins are always good too). But really it takes time. Just try to be patient and you will be rewarded in a few short weeks. There is no speeding up the process. Tranquila!

Thank you all for your advice. I will try to be patient..although this is going to be difficult! Will stick to the Solar Oil, which I use several times a day anyway. Onycholysis is visibly better, although it was only slight. Will definitely try out some vitamins. I don't like having 'naked' nails x

Thank you all for your advice. I will try to be patient..although this is going to be difficult! Will stick to the Solar Oil, which I use several times a day anyway. Onycholysis is visibly better, although it was only slight. Will definitely try out some vitamins. I don't like having 'naked' nails x

There is a lesson to be learned here!!! :green:

Latest posts

Back