How soon can I get a rebalance?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nadeshda

Reaction score
Hello.

I am not a nail technitian, just someone who decided to get gel nails. I just got them, and, to say the least, I am not happy with them AT ALL. I asked for a french manicure and the beautitian gave me an incredibly lousy one... with regular polish, as she had run out of white gel... the smile lines aren't straight, the nails are way too thick, I cured everything, but still felt the top coat sticky, she told me not to worry about it, as clothing fibres wouldn't get stuck... but lo and behold, there are blue fibres from my jeans stuck to my nails...

I want to remove these gels and get other ones ASAP (but I won't be going there again, needless to say...), but I don't have money to do it from scratch. I was thinking of going somewhere else and ask for a rebalance. The thing is... she used an e-file directly on my nail plate. It didn't sting when the gel cured or anything, but I do have a small red spot on the first nail she filed. I want to know how soon can I have these removed (she said I could soak them off with acetone, she uses IBD supplies, but I don't know if the other place would just file off the gel) and get others, without damaging my nails further.

She also told me it was not necessary to mosturise the nails, but I think I've read around here I should use Solar Oil... what is that?

First of all never let anyone touch your natural nail with an e-file, I don't care if it is legal in some places, don't let them.. I'm not familiar with IBD products other than their Intense Seal so I don't what she was using and if it can be soaked off.. She should soak them off for you or you can go somewhere else and have them soaked off.. Maybe someone will know about this product..

are you sure it was ibd gel that she put on, and not just a gel topcoat on top of liquid & powder? I use ibd gel & its buff off, it wont soak off.

xx

Hello.

I am not a nail technitian, just someone who decided to get gel nails. I just got them, and, to say the least, I am not happy with them AT ALL. I asked for a french manicure and the beautitian gave me an incredibly lousy one... with regular polish, as she had run out of white gel... the smile lines aren't straight, the nails are way too thick, I cured everything, but still felt the top coat sticky, she told me not to worry about it, as clothing fibres wouldn't get stuck... but lo and behold, there are blue fibres from my jeans stuck to my nails...

For a client you seem to know a bit about gel nails so why did you say yes to these? If they were not what you wnated you should have told the tech that you weren't happy to continue with the treatment.
What do you mean you cured them? Do you mean she cured them under a lamp for you?
The top coat should not be sticky this layer needs to be removed.

I want to remove these gels and get other ones ASAP (but I won't be going there again, needless to say...), but I don't have money to do it from scratch. I was thinking of going somewhere else and ask for a rebalance. The thing is... she used an e-file directly on my nail plate. It didn't sting when the gel cured or anything, but I do have a small red spot on the first nail she filed. I want to know how soon can I have these removed (she said I could soak them off with acetone, she uses IBD supplies, but I don't know if the other place would just file off the gel) and get others, without damaging my nails further.

She also told me it was not necessary to mosturise the nails, but I think I've read around here I should use Solar Oil... what is that?

If you need to get them soaked off (if it is a soak off gel not a buff off gel) then see a nail technician don't try to do this at home.
If you get a rebalance then a soak off isn't necessary.
Go and see a reputable nail tech for a consultation and they will be able to see exactly what the problem is. Have you spoke to the tech who did your nails originally about this?
Use of an efile isn't recommended on the natural nail but you seem to understand that already?
Solar Oil is a cuticle oil. It is recommended that you use cuticle oil regularly.
For someone who is not a nail technician you certainly seem to understand the lingo:)

Thank you for getting back to me :)

Yes, it was IBD gel. All her supplies were IBD, from the gels (I saw on the gel jar, they looked like the ones on this page Welcome to IBD, and I saw on the website they have a soak off line), the files, the tips... And it definitly had a gel consistency (I actually watched videos on youtube of both gels and l&p to make sure it was gel) If I am not mistaken, the top coat she used is the Ultra Seal on this page: Welcome to IBD

As for the fact that I seem informed in this and still this happened... I had looked around here in the forum to have an idea. But at the moment, I didn't remember if the e-file was OK on the nail plate or on the top of cured gel. As for the polish, I had never heard of this, but it made sense to me, given the fact that the polish stays "trapped" inside the gel layers... I thought it was odd, but since she had no white gel, I figured it was worth the shot... I mean, she does manicures, I expected her to do a good french with a polish. And yes, when I say I cured them, I mean the gel was cured under the UV light.

The nails aren't sticky anymore, but all the shine is gone from me picking all the clothes fibres and cat hair out of the nails. They are really looking awful... I'm thinking of covering them up with a nail polish just until I can get an appointment to fix them. Is that OK or will it polish damage the gel?

I haven't spoken to the beautitian yet, because this happened today and when I got home, her store was already closed. But it seemed to me she realised things didn't really turn out too well. I know I should talk to her, but I really hate confrontations, and, besides, I was in the same class as her daughter in highschool and I hapenned to tell her that during the appoitment, when she mentioned her daughter. Her daughter and I are not close friends or anything, but I still don't want to create an akward situation. And honestly, at this moment, I just don't feel like risking having another appointment with her... from what I gathered, she hasn't done gels in a while and she doesn't really like doing them... I also found her a bit clumsy, I had plenty of hardened gel on the skin around my nails. She had to file that gel down, and my skin is actually sore from all that filing.

Applying enamel won't damage the gel on your nails... my advice would be to contact the person/salon where you had the enhancements applied and see if they'll sort out your problem before going elsewhere at extra cost.
They can't put the problem right if they're not aware of it in the first place can they?

hth's

Until you can get an appointment elsewhere, you could use non-acetone polish remover to get rid of the tacky layer on top and then just use a clear top coat or any nail polish you like. :)

Id return to the salon when possible with the nails in the condition they are now, so they are able to see the problem and hopefully address it x

get yourself back to her and tell her... the one thing we all know as techs is that somedays we have really off days.. she is probably well aware of what you say has happened.. believe me she is probably dreaming about it.. give her a chance to set things right.. or at least see if she will offer too.. If all else fails get another tech you are happy with.. :green:

I doubt very much that she has the skill to set anything right..there are good, well trained techs and there are those who are'nt..probably through no fault of their own..but still you deserve decent work.
To think its okay for a client to walk out with uncured nails says alot about her level of training..not to mention every thing else..i guess thats why she doesnt like doing them..if she was able to do them well for you..then she would have.
Live and learn i guess..if you didnt know her personally then going back for a refund ASAP would be easy..but its a difficult situation for you.
If i were you i would just hunt around for a good tech to at least remove and manicure.
Dont be shy to get up and walk out during your appointment if you are ever unhappy again..you seem to be more educated than alot of clients.

I guess you must have asked for UV Gels and she wasn't very comfortable with them, but did them anyway.. She sounds like she wants to please you, it sounds like she would make it up to you.. But if you don't feel comfortable enough then don't..
It sounds like your nails where fully cured, and I don't know exactly how IBD Gel works, but maybe she didn't realize that it cures with a sticky residue that needs to be removed afterward.

Latest posts

Back