How to become red-violet using Koleston or Matrix colours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minik

Reaction score
Hi there,

I naturally have dark brown/black hair with fair complexion.
And i usually dye my hair my natural colour due to my greys.

However, i would like to go the red-violet colour below:

(i realise there may be special effects, but i really love this colour, its not a red but its not a purple, its the perfect vibrant yet rich plum colour i am after)

My hairdresser only stocks Koleston and Matrix colours.
I am wondering how i can achieve this result. Thanks a lot in advance.

Last edited:
Hi sleeping beauty,

Thanks a lot for your response.
Do you think this mix you recommended will work on my hair colour too?

Cheers :p

I don't see why not. For a brighter result though you might want to lighten your base colour. One of the other women tried this on her darkish hair & it covered rather dark on her ....

Ideal colour is left and my current hair on the right.

The base has been deepened to the dark violet (i think it's a level 3?) in Matrix range and my hairdresser added some highlights from Dare colours using 'cherry sorbet' colour.

Last edited:
Are you a hairdresser?

If so you need to update your profile as you come across as a consumer not a hair professional.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

You shouldn't be giving this advice as the person asking the question is not a hairdresser x

I am a qualified hair extensionist and a beauty therapist.
I did not ask this advice to do a home job myself.

I have been to several hairdressers and spent a considerable amount of money and 'qualified' hairdressers cannot seem to achieve the colour i am after. So what is the problem with asking others in the industry for advice?

At the end of the day, the colour that was advised, i will be purchasing that from a hair supplier and taking it to a hairdresser. If my hairdresser got on here and asked on behalf of me, it would be fine but if i am on the receiving end of the service, it's a big deal?

My post has already been moved to consumer inquiries anyway so there is no issue. I am sure my thread will sit here isolated because it seems like the overall aura here is overly protective.

I asked a very simple question, no need to troll the post enforcing ethics and philosophy of it.

Go for a consultation in a salon where someone can do this colour.

On the advice on someone on a forum, you are going to do to a wholesaler, buy a colour then ask your hairdresser to apply it. Is she ok with this?

This pic is photoshopped and has been edit to within an inch of it life, you need a colour correction and very regular maintence.

Trust me, purchasing a tube of colour to take you your hairdresser isn't going to work.

I use goldwell elumen for this sort of this, I suggest you source a salon that uses this product and possible has an in salon colour expert to do it.

Latest posts

Back