How to create this nail design?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laurasnowwhite

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I've been asked by a client to recreate the below nail art for her upcoming holiday.

I think it's probably a stamp (though lord knows which one!!), however, I bought a couple of konad stamps to have a go with last year and just couldn't get the hang of it.

I'll be using shellac.

I have additives and mica powders, and would rather use these and a stencil if I can, but I'm struggling with where to start!!

If anyone had done this (or similar) before and has some wisdom they could send my way that would be lovely!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1369208778.329823.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1369208778.329823.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 363
There's a great thread on here where people have used sharpie pens! Maybe that would be a great way to re-create that one :) other may know more though as I don't use shellac! :D

I may be wrong, but I think it is actually freehand painting. I can't see that any nail looks look the same as it would with a stamp.

If I were to do these nails I would probably use acrylic paint to do the detail. If not I'd use Gelish/Shellac and freeze cure between the nails so it didn't run and you had more precise lines.

There are definitely freehand and fairly simple.
Paint the nails white and then paint the beige bands on the accent. Use shellac to do the pattern with a dotting tool preferably, that's how you'll get that lovely soft edge on the design :) x

Thanks for the input everyone!! Best get practicing!!

Latest posts

Back