How to prolong silver/grey hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lois Edwards

Reaction score
Heya geeks
I’m looking for knowledge tried and tested with Silver or grey hair aftercare
I’ve been doing so many recently
And I’ve been recommending L’Oréal Silver shampoo
And indola Silver moose aswell
I recommend they come back for regular tonners ( which I also have problem with as if they use any purple shampoo and it tants the hair and the tonner and leaves a greens tiny so I have to tone again with a more violet toner, taking ages and making a short toner in to a full on hair colour
so I’ve been doing bleach baths on 6weekly appointments to remove the tones and start a fresh so it comes out correctly.)

Can add pics and if u know of any products they can use
To keep the colours that would be amazing
Thanks

Examples of my work this clients Hair changes back to bleach blonde on the grey after a few washes
3f280b5b44d560f3233f668c79e54dc8.jpg

Last edited:
f0b1c100f74d6236a85ad7a75b4c39fe.jpg
This clients should stay better as she’s a light undertone as was bleached blonde
She’s using the moose and shampoo
Any other ideas for products to prolong this style thanks

Fudge silver shampoo is amazing it’s that strong if left on to long it can grab purple so be aware

Have you tried fanola shampoo?
I also seen a wella product in the warehouse the other day - think it was a rinse type product and they do an 8/81 which is nice and ashy - would have to research it though as didn’t pay 100% attention!

fanola or osmo no yellow shampoo. works so fast and is very pigmented to you get a loverly silver/grey depending how long you leave it on for.

silver and grey colours dont last anyway, blow drying and straightening/curling the hair will make the colour fade alot faster. hot water will also bring it out as will harsh water.

I always tell my clients to achieve silver/grey they will have to start off as a state or steel grey and then it will fade after about 5-8 washes into their desired colour. i dont use toners either for it as i feel they dont last, i mix 8g of 1.0 with 10.0 permanent and watch it for about 5-15 minutes as it does take fast.

Latest posts

Back