How to remove Bio Sculpture?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nats5125

Reaction score
Hi geeks!
I have a client coming tomorrow with bios and she wants them removed and wants to try the vinylux...i do gelish, can I just soak them off as I do gelish or is it done another way?
Thanks x

To soak off Bios I use Bio Sculpture Gel remover on cotton pads and wrap in foil parcels. I would rough up the surface of the nail in case they have used a stronger top coat which won't soak off without roughing up.

You could try your gelish remover, but otherwise, perhaps use acetone? That's what I do when I'm not sure of what's on someone's nails! HTH xx

The same as gelish. Bio is a lot thicker so you may find it takes a bit longer than gelish. Make sure you buff the surface thoroughly before soaking. :)

As Bio takes a while to remove I would buff the gel down with a 180 grit file or a white block if you have one (until it is dull looking) and soak and wrap each finger at a time. Do you have any heat you could apply to speed the process up like heated mittens or a wheat bag? If so I would use those with acetone and leave for around 15-20 minutes.

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

place under a wheat bag or hot water bottle, gel should be lying above the nail in a layer when you unwrap

Just a thought but if she's used to bios which are quite thick and strong going onto just vinylux polish is going to seem really different in comparison so make sure she realises and is careful with her nails.

Thanks everyone! The reason she wants to try vinylux is that nothing lasts on her nails, she's tried shellac, gelish and bios were here last resort but lasted less than a week. I've told her that I doubt the vinylux will last the suggested 7 days on her but she wants to try it.

Can I only get pure acetone from beauty suppliers or so chemists sell it? Not sure I've got an opportunity to go to a support before she comes tomorrow...
Thanks x

I actually have the shellac remover and I think it has a very high concentration of acetone in it so I should be ok! Fingers crossed. X

If its CND Nourishing remover it works beautifully with Bio Sculpture.

The thing with Bio is to make sure you wrap it tight in your foils and check it after 10 minutes. If you leave it too long it seems to start to harden up again.

Hi silly billy
It's not the nourishing remover, it's d solve but I'm hopeful!
X

If its CND Nourishing remover it works beautifully with Bio Sculpture.

The thing with Bio is to make sure you wrap it tight in your foils and check it after 10 minutes. If you leave it too long it seems to start to harden up again.

Ooh I'm going to have to try this with bio as I love the shellac nourishing remover x

Latest posts

Back