How to repair a natural nail breakage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can I ask a silly question - does this fibreglass only work with shellac or can I use it with normal nail polish?
thank you:biggrin:

Well I tried the tea bag method on myself, with my Gelish still on. It worked fine for a couple of days, but I wouldn't repeat the process.

Yesterday I tried it the proper way, on a bare natural nail. I got hold of some silk in a strip, as my local supplies didn't have wraps. It wasn't too fiddly to cut to shape and it was still self adhesive.
With the guidance of Holly's video, I repaired my split and have now re Gelished, but with one coat of Ambience, whilst I decide what to do next.

Holly is amazing! :biggrin:

Tea-bag works in a pinch.... but not the most professional way to go :wink2:

I use self-adhesive silk wrap, with some resin.
On natural nails with just polish, and with Shellac.

Works awesome:!:

Clients love that I can save their nail. :biggrin:

Tea-bag works in a pinch.... but not the most professional way to go :wink2:

I use self-adhesive silk wrap, with some resin.
On natural nails with just polish, and with Shellac.

Works awesome:!:

Clients love that I can save their nail. :biggrin:
I do the same, works better then just Shellac with silk along. But I use fiberglass instead of silk its stronger. I tried fiberglass and Shellac alone but didn't hold as well as Fiberglass and resin with very bad splits.

Prep nail
Lightly take shine off just that surrounding area,
Smoothly apply resin to edges and on top of tear just in that area,
Let dry, use activater if needed but wipe off with alcohol after
(Don't wipe off with scub fresh in area of resin it will desolve it),
Make sure its smooth and clean then apply adhesive fiberglass over resin
Apply resin over that, dry-smooth-wipe.
Apply resin again and smooth and wipe Done.
Apply product choice. Make sure u Scurb Fresh around it no over it.
:biggrin:
If I use Shellac with this process above I have no lump it's perfectly smooth, never know its there. If you find regular polish leaves a small ridge then put the fiberglass over the whole nail instead of just in tear area.

Can someone please tell me where i can buy some of the fiberglass so i can offer this service

Same here where is it best to buy? Thank you

Try your local beauty suppliers. Mine is barest of places, but they had some strips by The edge. I thought it would be worth a try and it was. :biggrin:

I'm sure I remember reading on here a while ago that Geeg repairs a split using a tiny bit of L&P?

I've tried a number of clients with fibrelgass or silk (with Gelish) and it always works it way back out again...although I haven't tried with resin too.

I'm not sure how long it is meant to last, but this is day four for me (no resin) and it's still good as new!

Is there an online store as I live overseas
Thanks loads for this information

Latest posts

Back