How to tell how much Shellac is left?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drive By Beauty

Reaction score
Any good tips for seeing how much shellac is left in the bottle? Stupid question I know :)

I don't wait to test how much is left in the bottle ... when the bottle is about half full then I order another one.

Before you shake the bottle, take the brush out and you should be able to see where the full line is.

Keep a table of how many applications you are using, so you will know when you are coming to the end of the bottle.
x

Thank you deanosana :)

Yes i will be keeping a better record of how many applications :)

I usually pop a cocktail stick in - bit like a dip stick :)

Top tip, I put a small sticky label on the back of my bottles and put a score on it every time I have used it. As you get 20 applications out of each colour coat, as I get to about 15 if its a popular colour I order another one! Easy to do.

What a great idea Lynn!! Thanks!

I can usually tell when I open it - if the entire brush is covered in Shellac when I remove it from the bottle, I know I've got lots... If the brush is only half covered then I order more! I have also used a cocktail stick as suggested above.

Xxx

Latest posts

Back