How to tone down root glow?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarah_clancy

Reaction score
I had a client in the other week, she was a faded level 5
I used Loreal 5,62 and a squirt of the majirouge??? ive forgotten what its called, but the intensifier.. and 20vol..
Shes just text me to say about the root glow... she had a fair bit of build up on the ends, but didnt look too bad once dried off, just slightly more dull.
How would I go about toning down the roots?
xox

I would like to look at the root glo before I decided but for what I can gather in my head I would use same colour again apply to roots only and this time add a 1/4 of base 5 x

thanks beauty-boutique
sounds good to me or mayb even half and half, i just hope she doesnt feel to dull!!
xoxo

why did u use 6%? did she have any grey to cover? maybe the majirouge is a little too much if she has build up through the length and ends, i would leave that out!!!!!!! hth:)

i thought thats what you use for the intensity of the colour with loreal?
i probably should have done a slight bleach bath!!!
xox

bleach bath then using marjirouge you have a risk of the pinky look sometimes if client has colour build up at the ends what i do is do the roots first leave that on 15mins then put colour through the rest of the hair xx

Thank you..
Yeah but she wants the roots to match the ends so not so intense...
I was goin to bleach bath, But I thought as it was so faded that i'd be able to get away with it..
xox

Are you meaning majimix? That's the intensifier. Majirouge is the range of red colours.

i treat vibrant reds as if it were global blonde going on for first time, midlengths first, end second and roots last, roots develope faster due to scalp heat speeding up the process.

You could also try applying a natural 5 and using it like a toner, only processing 10 min or so with 3%....shouldnt dull it with the glow underneath, just mellow it out.

Are you meaning majimix? That's the intensifier. Majirouge is the range of red colours.

Thats the one!! I my memory went last night, thabks :)

Scottty dolly I will try that next, just assumed it was permanent and hair in fairly okay condition it would all process to the same brightness.

HairSquared thats a good idea... It might just be hard to visually see whats going on with the vibrancy ..

xoxo

3% is fine for this!:)

i wouldnt use the majimix on the roots, i usually do the roots first and then add this in for the ends, also id always use base on the roots for intense reds,,,,x

Latest posts

Back