How to???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NailsFrmHeaven

Reaction score
Hiya guys.
I need to do a soak off on me and i normailly just put my fingers in a bowl with Aceone in , but the other day i read on here something about hot water in a bowl and them acetone in a silver bowl in the hot water . Is this right? i want to know before i doit lol xxx :hug:

a bowl within a bowl yes......the purpose is to heat the acetone .....it will speed up the process.....warm acetone works more quickly.....if you heat up the acetone another way ...you might go capooyee!:eek: so yes a bowl within a bowl....

I do the bowl within a bowl technique as well but lay a towel over the top as I find it keeps your hands nice and cosy.

I did this for the first time last week taking an old set off and it was so much quicker and easier. I never knew about heating the acetone until I came here.:)

I use cotton soaked in acentone and tinfoil. Wrap each finger idividually. This keeps in heat too.

Thank you so much guys but has it got to be red hot water? xxx

oh no....hot tap water will do....

Thank you so much hunni xxx

Yes, much quicker when the acetone is heated!

In our salon, we have special acetone heaters, less fiddly than the 'bowl within a bowl' method, but works on the same concept.

Now I have to explain it:green: ....

It is basically an oblong flask with two dips in it (deep enough to fill with acetone and immerse fingers in). So you fill the flask with hot water, close the lid (obviously!), fill the 'dips' with acetone and bob's your uncle! Less chance of spillage etc than when using 'bowl within a bowl.'

AmydeMan said:
Yes, much quicker when the acetone is heated!

In our salon, we have special acetone heaters, less fiddly than the 'bowl within a bowl' method, but works on the same concept.

Now I have to explain it:green: ....

It is basically an oblong flask with two dips in it (deep enough to fill with acetone and immerse fingers in). So you fill the flask with hot water, close the lid (obviously!), fill the 'dips' with acetone and bob's your uncle! Less chance of spillage etc than when using 'bowl within a bowl.'
Is it a quick soak bowl from NSI?

More than likely, Judy, seeing as my mum's an NSI distributor!

I don't do a lot of nails in our salon, so I'm just describing what I've seen:green:

NSI do a heated one, but the acetone I hot water works just fine.

I know some bio techs soak off by wrapping in tin foil.

huberella said:
I use cotton soaked in acentone and tinfoil. Wrap each finger idividually. This keeps in heat too.

This is simply soooooo quick and the way I always do it!!!! wang a bit solar oil on each nail beforehand as that helps majorly with dehydration thang! :)

Thank you all so much xxx

Latest posts

Back