Hypnotic not selling Mundo De Unas anymore

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HollysRose

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has any inside knowledge of why Hypnotic will stop selling Mundo De Unas stamping polishes? I emailed them a few days ago to ask when they will be getting more stock of certain colours and got a reply this morning saying that 'due to a serious issue whilst dealing with Mundo they have decided not to work with them anymore'.

Anyone know why this could be? Just being nosey ;)

Along the same note I emailed Rainbow Connections (the UK supplier) last week asking if they knew when they'd be back in stock, they told me they wouldn't be stocking them any more as they couldn't be sure of what they contained. Maybe to do with EU regulations? It made me think I'm so careful with only using at least 3-free polishes it would be silly of me to use a product which could contain all manner of harmful chemicals.

I think this could be the reason why too. I ordered a few last year after all the hype and they were great for stamping, however, I'm exactly the same as you pampam, recently something made me think about what was actually in them and after doing a little research, I couldn't find anything about them being at least 3-free. I have now not used them since and they will most likely be going in the bin!

Aah, sorry to hear that Miss Dolly, it's horrible having to waste stuff but it's better to have peace of mind. I was talking to my mum about MDU polishes and she reckons there's probably a little kid who is forced into making the polishes in a Mexican kitchen up in the hills, now I'm stuck with that image in my head lol! So, if I can ask what stamping polishes are you using now? I tried a cheap set last year that I just couldn't get to transfer but I've ordered a few Moyou plates. I can't wait for them to turn up, I'm determined to master stamping this time;

What stamping polishes do you use now, konad and moyou? I was impressed with all the talk of how great Mundo is but I'm a bit worried about what's in it now. I have the Barry M Foil Effects for gold and silver.

Just to let you ladies know I've just ordered Models Own Chrome collection from Superdrug, they've got a 3 for 2 offer on at the moment (can I say that?!). TheRealMrsGray has swatched them over black on Youtube and they look great. Any polish that is opaque in one coat should be fine so I'll be trying out my OPI and Essie polishes when my plates turn up but it'll probably be a bit hit or miss! Seems like Konad will be the best choice for black and white but it would be interesting to know if anyone's found any others better?

Sorry ladies, only just seen the replies to this post!

I agree pampam, I don’t like wasting stuff but the peace of mind is definitely better. I really don’t like the thought of putting something on my clients that might not be safe, I just got caught up in all the hype.

For now I have stopped doing stamping until I’m satisfied that I get polishes that are safe and that work. I did look at Models Own, but to me it appeared that they weren’t 3-free either.

I'm guessing that the reason they've stopped is because MdU refuses to divulge the ingredients of the polishes, despite being required by law to do so. There are also no MSDS sheets for them. To be clear, noone is asking for the formula for the polishes, but laws in the countries she ships to require an ingredients list on the product packaging and she refuses to do so. Apparently several people in the States have contacted the FDA about this and they weren't very happy about it. Hopefully they'll step in and investigate.

I would go down to a hardware store and buy a lead testing kit...thats what i did..then i binned the polish

Please let me know before anyone bins the Mundo de Unas!! I will gladly take them off your hands and use them on myself (not clients)!

As Pyretta said, they refused to disclose ingredients which is illegal in many countries, so a lot of distributors refused to stock them anymore.

Hit the bottle and pueen are 5 free. I absolutely love Stargazer Chromes for stamping. Colour Alike are fantastic and I believe they are 5 free. Beautiful opaque colours that stamp lovely, they even have multichromes- though they aren't cheap! I just got in some pastels and they're gorgeous.

I would go down to a hardware store and buy a lead testing kit...thats what i did..then i binned the polish
NO!!!! They contain lead??! I just bought a bunch :/

There's been a lot of speculation that it's just rebottled model paint, like the kind they sell in game workshop used to paint Warhammer. Not saying it's true or not, but I've seen a few people say it smells and seems the same.

I repeat- I will gladly take any off anyone's hands. I do a lot of crafty stuff and can find a use for anything so please don't bin them! The hoarder in me will cry!

There's been a lot of speculation that it's just rebottled model paint, like the kind they sell in game workshop used to paint Warhammer. Not saying it's true or not, but I've seen a few people say it smells and seems the same.

I repeat- I will gladly take any off anyone's hands. I do a lot of crafty stuff and can find a use for anything so please don't bin them! The hoarder in me will cry!
I have a bunch and while, yes they do smell like model car paint, the coverage is great. Oh well :/

Back