I call it elephant skin (knees) ???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glitz

Reaction score
Does anyone else have a problem whilst strip waxing the knee area ?

I have a couple of clients that no matter how much they exfoliate (so they tell me when I stress the importance of this) and I always use jasmine pre wax oil they only way I can describe it is well "like elephant skin" the wax gets left behind and I find myself struggling to remove the hair without having to go over it again, then end up using tweezers for the remaining few. Does anyone have a method or advice on how best to wax this area any help would be appreciated.

Hi, I have the same problem. But its only with clients who suffer with dry skin like you say. I make a point of using one of our moisturisers eminence brand (stone crop body lotion) around the knee area and then wiping any residue off and then wax the area. This seems to work for me. It can sometimes occur on arm waxes on the elbows and ankles. The drier areas seem to love the wax!!! Hopefully that helps you. x

I use it as a selling opportunity. I recommend Flexitol heel balm and whip out a tube to show the client. I ask them to apply it nightly for a week and notice the difference. It's an extremely effective product and is pretty cheap for the client.

I use it as a selling opportunity. I recommend Flexitol heel balm and whip out a tube to show the client. I ask them to apply it nightly for a week and notice the difference. It's an extremely effective product and is pretty cheap for the client.

wow what i good idea!!! im soooo guna try that!

If you want to make a decent living in beauty therapy you need to retail. Lots. I'm trying to get my earnings ratio to 80% retail 20% treatments. It's the only way that Porsche will find its way onto my drive!

I have the same problem with one of my clients knees.

Where can I get the Flexitol heel balm from?

Thank you for your advice will encourage her to do this, and will look into retail lines.

Latest posts

Back