I don't know what's next?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emma84

Reaction score
Wow a bit of a down day today for me, silly I know but I guess we all get them
( don't we?! )
So a few little things have been niggling away at me since I rented a room in a hair salon from feb this year.
I understand there has to be guidelines in place etc and tbh for them I am grateful in a way.
I no longer share the room with a teeth whitening lady ( well technically I do but it is not on the same days now we are in on different days ) which as you can imagine was a struggle at the start but anyway, I got a message on Monday from the salon owner asking if we can have a meeting this week.
Now I know this is silly as I haven't done anything wrong but I have done nothing but over think this ( I am a worrier I am afraid ) and it's actually made me realise I hate someone else having the ability to make me feel this way and take up so much of my time with me worrying.
When being self employed like many of you we have our own business worries.
I know I need to wait and see what it's about but this is going to happen every time they want a meeting and it's draining, I suffer with lichen planus as it is so I try to manage my stress levels but this is unforeseen.
So I guess I stick it out as business is doing ok, I'm not going to go to another salon as I feel i could just have the same issues & worries transferred to a different environment.
I'm trying to cut down on the mobile work as it affects my health ( other issues lol ) and I'm a person who falls into the category of living at home at an older age with parents as I'm trying to put together a deposit ( so no home salon for me yet )
This is all so whiney and woe is me, which like a lot of people, I've had my rough times and when I look back to those this certainly isn't one of them.
But now I'm at a cross roads what's next? What options do I have? I'm not generally a flaky person but this is making me feel this way.
Any advice, ( if anyone can be bothered to read is silly post ) is gratefully received.
Thanks x

I'm a fellow over thinker and so understand how you feel but please try not to worry, the meeting could be nothing to worry about at all.

Could you call the salon owner and perhaps ask if you need to bring or prepare anything for the meeting, this may give you the opportunity to ask what it's regarding.

Sending cheer up hugs! x

Try not to over think what the meeting could be about, I have called meetings just so I can check everyone is happy and is there anything else I can do for the girls.
The meeting could be to tell you about something new or changes for the best OR just a general chat! Every salon works different and every boss is different.
Try not to worry or upset yourself over this, wait until you have had the meeting and go from there.
My other advice would be try to get your mobile clients into the salon so you have your professional work times and then you personal time to be away from work (separate business and leisure times) as you may find this less stressful knowing your times when your in the salon your full and then when your away this is "you time" also this makes the most of you renting this space!.
Hope this all helps, let us know how you get on. Xx

We all have days when we over think things but if you don't know what your dealing with, then your none the wiser and all that thinking is draining!

I agree with contacting the Salon owner - find out what the meeting is about and then you can prepare for it if needs be.

Thanks everyone, the owner works in the salon but I know that if there was a little problem she would tell me herself, but if it's something that she doesn't feel confident enough in saying she would get her other half to come in ( his folks own the salon ) and she's asked for a specific time so I'm expecting at least her other half.
Funny though after writing this I have a strange sense of calm ( odd I know )
And worst comes to worst I have to put my business first and do what's right for it.
Thank you all for your advice, I've tried to contact them but it's her day off and I'm getting no response so I will have to wait and see what tomorrow brings :) x

You'll be fine Emma. Let's us know what happens though. X

Sometimes just talking about the situation or writing it down is enough to help! Glad your feeling better :) x

I would never ever go to a meeting unprepared!

If someone wishes to discuss something important with me, I expect them to tell me what it's about beforehand, as a matter of common courtesy.

If you don't get the chance to find out before the meeting and if you start to feel uncomfortable, just request to postpone the meeting.

You're probably worrying because you don't feel in control of a situation.

You can't control everything in life and sometimes you have to rely on instinct but remember you can say 'No, sorry that doesn't work for me' etc.

Thank you everyone!
I really mean that, I will keep you posted.
Watch this space…

All done and dusted.
I had to stay behind after work (so just got in ) 3 of the owners were there ( very nerve wrecking when you don't know what's going on )
Basically the other girl who uses the room for teeth whitening isn't happy about her not being able to use the room on fri & sat ( when I'm in ) so they've come up with splitting the day in half so for example I could do 9-2 and she could do 2-8.

Latest posts

Back