i feel so gutted for my friend

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stanleyann

squeeky macgeeky
Reaction score
if you think your having a bad time right now i can tell you that one of my best friends just does not have any luck at all :sad: since she announced that she was getting married she has had a run of bad luck......ir started earlier in the year when one thing after another started breaking down in the house....fridge....tumble drier....computer (numerous occassions)....laptop....the list is endless....her car then started playing funny beggers......then middle of the year she was supposed to be going away with her fiance but her mum took ill and couldnt watch the 2 kids......after that there was an incident at her work where she made a genuine mistake when filling out some care sheets (she worked in home care) and she was suspended from her work and almost lost her job....in the end she didnt lose her job but she did get a written warning which went on her employment records, when this happened she had just been told she had been successfull with her application for a better job with almost double the wage but after that they had to withdraw the offer of the placement.....

anyway although feeling pretty low she continued her wedding plans........then another run of bad luck........the first photographer she booked for wedding done a bunk.........she was not given the right info about her dress and it was a rush job for shop to have it ready on time......her hairpiece that was being delivered to hairdressers got sent to canada with another order by mistake so she didnt get that for her hair.......she was just having a plain sponge for a wedding cake and was given the wrong info about that and she had to collect it while the icing was still wet as it was also a rush job.......the day before wedding her mum had a bad fall and landed in hospital, she got kept in all day and only got home at 11pm that night with a pair of crutches........

the wedding day finally arrived......things went fine up untill the reception at night time......all her decor in the hall that had been done the night before was wasted.....the hellium balloons had all deflated and her buffet never turned up.....still she carried on, looking forward to her honeymoon to spain the next day (today).....

i got a text message to say she had arrived safely and everything was fine....i was so pleased to hear from her as she was on the verge of a breakdown with everything that has been happening....anyway a little while later i got another text telling me that she wanted to come home as her husband had lost his wallet with every penny they had plus all his bank and credit cards :sad:

i feel so gutted for them both....when i got that message i just wanted to go and get her give her a big hug and bring her home......i cant get them both out of my head, i just hope that 2006 is a luckier year for them

stanleyann

well when you're at the bottom hun, the only way is up!

I'm sure next year will be better for her. i hope it is anyway!

aaw, bless her. send her my love and hugs x x x

My thoughts go out to them both.

Lets hope they have a happy and successful 2006:D

aww bless her
im sure things will look up for her soon enough
send her my love
Debx

maybe thats all the bad luck out the way before the wedding and now they wil have a long and happy married life together,
i wish them both all the best for the future

Poor thing. Wish her all the best. xxx

What a shame! I really feel for her. I thought i had loads of bad luck, but this just beats it. Wish her good success for 2006.x

Aw thats really sad!!! I bet they thought nothing else could go wrong - then he lost his wallet!! - Just keep being a good friend as you obviously are already as i bet she needs a good cry on you shoulder when she gets back!!
When i read this like this it makes me feel petty thinking i have bad luck sometimes!!!
I wish her loads of good luck & happiness for 2006!!!

all your good wishes would mean a lot to her, she is a very caring person and is great at her job caring for the elderly.......this has just been a terrible year for her, there has been a lot more personal issues that i obviously didnt go into so if you had to know everything thats happened to her this year i'm sure it would make everyone count their blessings.

i just cant wait to see her when she gets home as i'm sure we will have lots to gass about, although not all of it good :sad:

stanleyann

Latest posts

Back